Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet BPM issues
I've noticed recently that the BPM on a deck changes 'automatically' whilst playing a mix of different tracks. For example if I record say 6 tracks all with different BPM's into one long mix and then play that mix on one deck, the BPM for that deck will go up and down as the full mix is playing. Previously I could record a long mix (regardless of each tracks BPM) all into a set BPM of say 118 put that mix on a deck and the decks BPM would stay constant at 118 for the whole mix. Its like VDJ is analysing each track constantly now and showing the BPM it reads even though the track was actually recorded at a different BPM - hopefully that makes sense !

Posté Mon 02 Mar 20 @ 2:29 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
That is correct, mixes automatically get analyzed for multiple bpm's.
What is the issue with this exactly?

Posté Mon 02 Mar 20 @ 3:54 pm
Hi Adion,
its not really an issue with the software as such but it never used to happen in previous older builds, I just wish I could stop it happening now. I've looked in the options and I know there is an option to 'Auto Bpm Match' No - Smart, Always, but this doesn't seem to solve my problem.

As an example, if I'm compiling a long mix I will usually break it up into parts before joining them all together.
At the moment say part 1 of the mix is recorded at 118 (and this number is shown on the browser after analysing) I need it to finish off at that BPM before Part 2 of the mix plays. But if Part 1 last track's real BPM is say 120 , this is what VDJ finds and 'sets' when Part 2 comes in even though Part 2 should start at 118 obviously throwing out the beat matching.

I will say this is not a problem if I'm playing out live at a gig or radio but only for compiling long mixes - A lot of which I 'automate' with macros and leave it to record wothout being in front of the screen .

Posté Mon 02 Mar 20 @ 5:42 pm
I don't think I understand.
If the last song of Part 1 is recorded at 120bpm, then the only way to beatmatch this correctly is if the first song of part 2 is also at 120bpm.
How is the first song of Part 1 being 118bpm affected by this?

Posté Mon 02 Mar 20 @ 6:05 pm
sorry probably the way I'm trying to explain it ...

After recording part 1 and analysing that 'completed track' in the browser folder, it gives a value of 118 but when actually playing the completed part on a deck the bpm value on the last track shows as 120 at the point the next part of the mix comes in on another deck.

Before if the file analyser said the 'whole track' was 118 then and I played it on a deck it would stick to 118 at the mix point and not auto analyse the beats and adjust the bpm - I know there are ways to sort this with macros but I just wanted to know if its a setting I can just turn off.

Posté Mon 02 Mar 20 @ 6:48 pm
Note that it is just the display that is changing, now correctly showing the actual bpm at that point.
It is not changing the speed or anything.
So I'm not sure why you prefer it would still show 118 bpm at the end, even though it is actually playing at 120 bpm.

You can open the track in the bpm editor and remove the additional beat markers if you really wanted.

Posté Mon 02 Mar 20 @ 7:30 pm
I am running VDJ 2021 on a 2012 MAC with Catalina and have allowed Full Disk Access to VDJ in my security settings. My issue is that my BPMs will not populate on my songs at startup as they used to. All of my music files are on my internal hard drive. I am having to scan for BPMs daily just so that I can use my software sorting by BPM in my various folders. My folders are all playlists created in iTunes/Apple Music.

Posté Tue 14 Dec 21 @ 12:12 am