Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Beginner equipment for my 10 year old

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

I purchased Numark Mixtrak 3 for my son's 10th birthday. Im just trying to give him an opportunity to learn a new skill/hobby, and also for me to mess around. Can you give any suggestions on beginner equipment. I have an Apple MacBook Air and a set of headphones. Should I buy a sound card (which one) or just a "3.5 splitter to mono". I also need a basic speaker. Thanks for the help.

Posté Mon 30 Mar 20 @ 4:22 am

Since the Mixtrack 3 is without sound card, an external sound card might be good, so that you can both pre-listen and cue up next song in headphone without anyone hearing that over the speakers. In other words, 2 stereo output sound card - one for speakers one for headphones..
For example Numark DjIO, but any usb sound card with 2 stereo outputs will do :) Can even just add 1 stereo output with a tiny usb dongle, and connect speakers to that, and headphones to the built in headphone out on the computer.

(Also, you do get many same price controllers with sound card built in, but i guess its too late to change the one you got. . )

Posté Mon 30 Mar 20 @ 4:13 pm

Posté Mon 30 Mar 20 @ 5:02 pm
Not sure they make that model anymore either. You can find one on eBay for an outrageous price of $362.00 plus shipping. You can buy a controller with soundcard for less.

Posté Mon 30 Mar 20 @ 6:28 pm
Well it doesn't have 'discontinued' written next to it, and it isn't listed under legacy products, so...

Posté Mon 30 Mar 20 @ 7:58 pm
No shortage in alternatives should the Numark one be hard to get ;-)

Behringer U-Controlcould be an alternative at around $80
Or Gemini dj SC1 at only $27

And for a 10 year old, I guess even a dongle would do the job - costs around $5 to $10 only.. ;-)

Posté Mon 30 Mar 20 @ 9:38 pm
teach him correctly

Posté Mon 30 Mar 20 @ 9:46 pm
Great, thanks for the info. Stay safe out there.

Posté Tue 31 Mar 20 @ 4:29 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)