Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Pitch sliders 4 volume

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It would be great if you could map the pitch sliders for the dac-2 and dmc controllers to volume for both vdj decks as an option. BPM Studio does this for their controller and the latest PCDJ FX supposedly allows this or will do it (that's what one of their reps said).

Posté Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 12:12 am
The first thing I looked for when I began using this program was the pitch slider... I'm not sure why you would want to make these less accessible just for volume (which VDJ does a good job at leveling gains automatically anyways). Just a thought.

Posté Sun 09 Nov 03 @ 5:20 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
let me rephrase that. i didn't mean volume control for monitoring the levels and being able to adjust that with the sliders. I meant using the controller sliders for volume as an option to mix. the equivalent of having an external mixer and assigning channel 1 to deck A and channel 2 to deck B. some mobile digital djs use pitch sliders as volume instead so they can mix between players a & b using separate volume of each player; thus they don't have to use an external mixer, 1 less piece of equipment. Which is why a couple of dj programs give u the option if u so choose in the control settings for the controller of maping pitch sliders to volume.

I can understand why you might think it odd since u r only looking at this from your own type of djing for reference. But there are other types of djing out there, not all need pitch control. Many mobile wedding dj's for instance don't have a need for beatmatching.

Posté Mon 10 Nov 03 @ 7:01 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)