Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Camelot algorithm problem

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

HeuussPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello Guys,

I think there is a problem with your Camelot Analyzer in VDJ.
I get my music on a Record Pool where are specified for each song the Camelot Key. This key are added in comment for each MP3.
When I analyze the MP3s with VDJ, the results are differents from the key added in comment..Sometimes Really different ..

I've tested this analyze with SERATO and the result seems good.
I verified the KEY from online database and the Key detected in SERATO or the keys added in comment are good .. sometimes there is jus a a little shift on the right or the left on the Camelot wheel.

Thank you.

Posté Mon 08 Jun 20 @ 3:34 pm
Looking at the differences, it's a minor vs major thing.

What analysis method are you using in VDJ (broad or electronic)?

If the music you're analysing has very little musical content (like rap music) then there may not be enough note info to determine a correct key - it could be either.

Posté Mon 08 Jun 20 @ 3:48 pm
Huuss wrote :
Hello Guys,
I think there is a problem with your Camelot Analyzer in VDJ.
I get my music on a Record Pool where are specified for each song the Camelot Key. This key are added in comment for each MP3.
When I analyze the MP3s with VDJ, the results are differents from the key added in comment..Sometimes Really different ..

You are assuming the record pool has done a correct job then ;-) when in average at independent tests most key detection algorithms (and programs) have a successrate around 50-60% .. . So in other words, none of them are 100% "correct"

What matters is really that you use only one source for the keys, so that wrongs are equally wrong, and hence harmonically compatible :)

Wouldnt pay attention to the recordpools keys too much

Posté Mon 08 Jun 20 @ 4:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)