Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet New Crash Problem - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :
What files are you trying to load that come back with unknown file type?
Do they always return unknown file type or do they sometimes load?

We're going to need more information to try and troubleshoot this one.

Hi, I'm loading known good video & audio files... I've done everything, cleaned out VDJ folder of unnecessary n old files, cleaned other folders VDJ might be scanning, deleted all apps, since this started, settings, database, dat, VDJ 7, even Serato... I do a quick mix 5 of 6 songs, then get unknown file type, even from older playlist .. I allowed VDJ to update from b5681 to b5872, all default settings, no changes..disconnected unneeded drives and network.. I don't know what else to do..

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 12:27 am
You didn’t really answer the questions at the start.

What file types are the ones returning unknown files? (mp3, WAV, mp4 etc)
Is it always the same file(s) that returns the error?
Does it do it every time with the same file or randomly?
You mention playlist, are you running automix? Or manually loading tracks?

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 12:35 am
Mojave 10.14.6 (18G5033)
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB

Cleaned up SSD 2 TB, have 500gb of available space.. even disconnected ext 5TB hd, has about 300gb of available space..

All else seems to be operating, I've checked for virus, malware, no glaring issues present itself... at a lost as what to do next... thanks

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 1:04 am
Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :
You didn’t really answer the questions at the start.

What file types are the ones returning unknown files? (mp3, WAV, mp4 etc)
Is it always the same file(s) that returns the error?
Does it do it every time with the same file or randomly?
You mention playlist, are you running automix? Or manually loading tracks?

Majority of my files are mp3 and mp4, I've done both auto mix n manually, both fail... doesn't matter what I play after few songs VDJ give an unknown file error.. tried known old playlist of only mp3's, same thing... something is terribly wrong with VDJ or there is a bug on my Mac interfering with VDJ...

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 1:08 am
can there be issues with plugins? cache? I deleted newer plugins, lighting controller, and broadcast UX... VDJ now playing 20 minutes, it's been hit n miss, 1 song, 2 songs, 10 songs, error is all over the place, never consistent ...

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 2:19 am
Update, I deleted autostarted the lighting controller bundle, apparently VDJ autostarted the lighting controller bundle, I didn't know that... I ran VDJ for over 3 hours, left VDJ open for another 3 hours, no problem... Changed skin, font size, tweaked VDJ to meet my needs.. Think I found root cause of VDJ deck 1/2 unknown file error and abrupt shutdowns..

Background, I did tinker around with Show Express hardware, and software last weekend, thought to integrate DMX lighting with VDJ.. I found out CHAUVET retired show express 512 hardware last year.. Instead of investing in CHAUVET DMX hardware, I read VDJ is compatible withSound Switch... I'm considering transitioning to Sound Switch in the near future..

I knew it was something I installed from VDJ, I eliminated everything from last weekend, I wasn't aware of autostart of lighting controller bundle..

Thanks to you all VDJ Pro's who provided input.. Aloha Ray

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 8:12 am
Glad you found the apparent cause - although it's a little strange that running DMX software should cause VDJ to not recognise file types...

Puts a damper on running light shows at gigs.

At least now the devs can investigate.

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 9:39 am
groovindj wrote :
Glad you found the apparent cause - although it's a little strange that running DMX software should cause VDJ to not recognise file types...

Puts a damper on running light shows at gigs.

At least now the devs can investigate.

I agree, I check an older back up virtual DJ, the lighting controller8 bundle was in plugins64 autostart folder... didn't have issues then, not sure if show express software caused any issues... I tried to walk back any changes I did last week, mostly video related plugins and explored DMX lighting feature... Thanks again...Ray

Posté Tue 16 Jun 20 @ 12:21 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)