Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Best practise to trigger somethin on load deck

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,
I want switch off Beatlock on deck A, when something will be loaded on deck B.

There are different possibilities,
* of of them is at the Midi mapping on the controller, but, if i change my controller, i need to do several settings again.
* the other one is the load button on the skin, but, if i change the skin, i need to do several settings again.
Also, when i drag and drop something with the mouse from the browser into the deck, then i will not be triggered.
Is there a best practise way to store the trigger somewhere?
Thank you...

~edit~
Uff, where can i change the topic? Ive written trogger insted of trigger...

Posté Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 5:22 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
maybe use a custom button.. or a pad or keyboard shortcut

Posté Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 6:43 pm
I have it on a custom button already, but im looking for a best practice to trigger it automatically, when a deck will be loaded, independently of how it was loaded.

Posté Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 7:32 pm
Well whatever solution you come up with i could also ask "what if you change your Laptop? what if you change your entire DJ setup? what if you stop using VDJ and switch to standalone?"
I think you'll have to draw a line and commit to a compromise. Changing the controller's mapping seems the best and most direct solution. Just save the script extra in a little TXT or something so you can paste it into new mappings more easily.

Posté Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 8:49 pm
If i change the laptop, im always forced to copy the database and the settings <- this could still belong to "best practise" its the central point of the setup with all settings stored on it.
But, why do i need to copy any settings, if i change the controller or the skin? Its not neccessary and not the best solution -> not "best practise".

No need to compromise. Ive found the best solution:
On keyboard mapping ive found a map with the name: ONSONGLOAD
Thanks to Nicotux to let me do a view to the keyboard mappings (im sure you meant a key and not the ONSONLOAD map) :c)

Posté Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 9:38 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)