Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Karafun with Virtual Dj?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

jamesHome userMember since 2020
Will the two work together? New to VDJ, and trying to get up and running asap. Thank you for your time and advise.

Posté Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 3:55 am
Yes and no!

KaraFun won’t work directly with VDJ - but there’s a very complex workaround!

There’s an app that works with KaraFun (can’t remember its name - I believe it’s called KaraFun Studio) that allows you to create files that ultimately use the KaraFun software to play them - you can save them to a format that can be played in most media players!

I have created some singalong songs using this - I have an extensive playlist on YouTube featuring them:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL27C074B2927EA4C1

If you have some karaoke CDGs, you can play them in KaraFun with the lyrics - but in order to be able to rip them in, you need Audiograbber - with the correct settings, you can rip the audio, plus graphics,, into a computer, and, with the correct settings invoked in VDJ, it should play, complete with lyrics!

Posté Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 8:24 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
VDJ can natively play karaoke CDGs with the lyrics and record directly in mp4 but initially without background video

there are complex ways to acheive this using VDJ only
simpler but not full opacity:
play video in deck 1 and cdg in deck 2 with additive transition manually set to 50%
record as mp4
may need to add chroma and transparency key to cdg which mostly crashes VDJ but will work after that

would work but are broken:
video editor allows to overlay CDGs over video or video over CDG but have no chroma key & transparency ... useless
sampler have chromakey & transparency but crashes applying to cdg samples
and does enable video chroma & transparency on mp3+g samples but does not render them ^^ because zip is included in .vdjsample file
unzipped mp3+g edit ok only video is ok but does not render (unknown filetype 'Invalid return value 0 for stream protocol) because data is missing

the one working - with difficulties:
record mp3+cdg itself in mp4 (but take care if you enable audio from cdg : level, can't be adjust later)
set it as a sample
add transparency & chroma key
play video and activate sample (at full level otherwhise transparency will apply to video with any audio levels - global, group, sample)
you can record full mix mp4 now

Posté Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 11:16 am
Keep in mind Karafun is made for "fun" for home users, and not legal or allowed to use as a karaoke host.
For that you need Karafun Pro, costs quite a bit at $130 pr month

Posté Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 12:03 pm
jamesHome userMember since 2020
thanks everyone for your response.
Is there any other karaoke service like karafun that is easy to use with virtual dj. I have already gotten the Virtual DJ karaoke option but it is very limited in the songs available.
Thanks again.

Posté Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 2:40 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Yes Karafun Pro is 99,00 € / month or 4,99 € / date (48H) ~= $130 / Month or $6 / day

SunflyStreaming £4.99/month or £44.99/year ~= $6.5 /month or $59 / year (could be fine with VDJ too)

Sunfly have albums (as far as you own the support can be ripped) for £13.95 ~= 18$ or 15,5 €
and £2.00 per track (mp3+G or MP4) 2,2€ or $2.6

version-karaoke which offers MP3+CDG, MP4 (HD), WMV (HD) et KFN for 2,49€ or $3

and that's only common examples for occidental music...

Posté Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 3:27 pm
TellyMedia automatically removes the background from CDG files during playback leaving the words and such. So the background has become transparent for the CDG and can be used as an overlay. The words etc are outlined in the original background color so they stand out better. No chroma key is needed. In fact using a chroma key would be painstaking since every CDG can have a unique background color.

Posté Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 5:42 pm
Music, karaoke, etc requires a license in order for you to play it legal publicly. Normally the clubs will have the appropriate licenses. I guess Kara Pro has setup the licenses. I don't know what that allows. When you buy music you only have the right to play it for yourself, relatives, friends... who knows. You are not allowed to play media publicly without the licenses. If you are playing in a licensed establishment, you can use any software to play the media unless there is some other restriction on the software. You are not licensing the software. The licenses allows you to play media legally in public. We had a discussion about that awhile back. I assume most mobile DJs play the music illegally because the licenses are expensive. I think most of the DJ that play on the road etc. are safe though because the music licensing companies are not going to waste their time and money suing the small guys. I think mostly they go after the bigger clubs. I have heard they went after the girls scouts for singing some licensed songs around a camp fire. Here's the discussion from awhile back. I was bummed because they started putting more restrictions on karaoke at the time.

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/228155/General_Discussion/Legal_Karaoke.html?search=ASCAP%20&page=1.65

Posté Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 6:18 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)