Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Backspin Issue

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ufgkirkPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing the same issue on VDJ 2021 as this poster:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/236015/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Virtual_DJ_2021_bug.html

I am using a Pioneer DDJ-SX2, for me the symptom is a bit more clear. The deck on the left side (1 & 3) work normally. I can backspin and move the position in the song with the jog wheel while music is playing.

But, the deck on the right side (2 & 4) don't work normally as they do in 2020. I can't backspin, and if I try to do that or try to move the jog wheel while the song is playing, all I get is a slight BPM warp (slightly slow down or speed up the track). The hardware is working, as I can do these actions normally while the deck is paused.

My hardware Slip\Vinyl buttons are lit on both sides, I don't find any obvious difference in the UI. Per the other thread I linked above, I checked the vinylMode setting and it was set to "Yes". I also tried "Per decks" with all decks checked. No change in behavior.

Any suggestions?

Posté Mon 09 Nov 20 @ 10:09 am
ufgkirk wrote :

But, the deck on the right side (2 & 4) don't work normally as they do in 2020. I can't backspin, and if I try to do that or try to move the jog wheel while the song is playing, all I get is a slight BPM warp (slightly slow down or speed up the track). The hardware is working, as I can do these actions normally while the deck is paused.

Sounds a lot like that is nudge mode, and not vinyl mode.
What does it say on the skin? is the vinyl button on?

Posté Mon 09 Nov 20 @ 12:53 pm
ufgkirkPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Sounds a lot like that is nudge mode, and not vinyl mode.
What does it say on the skin? is the vinyl button on?

I agree, but it appeared everything was in Vinyl mode. Tonight I opened it up and pressed all the buttons to make sure everything was lit and said Vinyl was on. I still had the issue. VirtualDJ told me there was an update, so I updated, but still had the issue after updating.

Now here's the odd thing... I set up OBS to do a quick recording of the screen and my deck to demonstrate the issue in real time. I recorded it once without any audio by mistake and was able to produce the issue. After changing nothing but volume levels in OBS, totally unrelated to VDJ, I tried to record it again but the decks worked properly...

If the issue comes back tomorrow I will try and record it and post a video.

Posté Sun 15 Nov 20 @ 6:14 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)