Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Output VDJ video signal into OBS?
mwcurranControlleristMember since 2021
Is it possible to route the video output of VDJ [showing currently playing selection] to OBS as a scene source?

Posté Sun 14 Mar 21 @ 1:29 pm

Posté Sun 14 Mar 21 @ 2:58 pm
I did try watching the tut video recommended above but it's really confusing and I was unable to make much sense of it, even with the CC on the English is really bad and the words don't make sense. He's also all over the screen with the cursor hitting wrong things. It appears there is a way to do a window capture in OBS from VDJ but I was unable to accomplish it.

Posté Sun 14 Mar 21 @ 5:31 pm
I feel like I am close here but no cigar yet.

So far in VDJ I've got the video output showing with my LP art, track info and the plugin showing spinning platter and song title. In OBS I've selected 'Window Capture' as the scene source and when that opens up, in 'Windows Capture Properties' I've selected 'virtualdj.exe: video' as the source, but I'm still getting a blank window.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Posté Sun 14 Mar 21 @ 6:05 pm
Does anyone know if what I am trying to achieve is even possible?

Posté Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 9:50 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Posté Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 12:38 am

Posté Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 12:42 am
user23473520 wrote :
'Windows Capture Properties' I've selected 'virtualdj.exe: video' as the source, but I'm still getting a blank window.

You are close for sure.. hehe
Looking at your post, just try different capture method in the properties, the Windows 10 one probably works great for you ;-)
See image below

Posté Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 1:04 am
Excellent, thanks Rune! You are right - I have to keep it simple! Appreciate the help... I will mess around with these settings tomorrow and let you know how they worked out.

Posté Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 1:15 am

Posté Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 1:16 am
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
user23473520 wrote :
'Windows Capture Properties' I've selected 'virtualdj.exe: video' as the source, but I'm still getting a blank window.

You are close for sure.. hehe
Looking at your post, just try different capture method in the properties, the Windows 10 one probably works great for you ;-)
See image below

Hi Rune

Okay I tried this and it did work - I got the full VDJ display to show up. Is there a way to get only the VDJ video output window to show up? I don't need the whole screen, just the video window. I tried cropping the full screen down to just the VDJ video window but it's blurry.

Posté Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 2:23 pm

Posté Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 2:24 pm
user23473520 wrote :
Okay I tried this and it did work - I got the full VDJ display to show up. Is there a way to get only the VDJ video output window to show up?

You have to select the video window... "VirtualDJ.exe: Video"
And, the video window needs to be open

Posté Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 4:42 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
user23473520 wrote :
Okay I tried this and it did work - I got the full VDJ display to show up. Is there a way to get only the VDJ video output window to show up?

You have to select the video window... "VirtualDJ.exe: Video"
And, the video window needs to be open

Got it! Success! It was really acting funny I think the system resources were maxed out - but now it looks like it's working fine! Thanks Rune!

Posté Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 6:31 pm
Is there a way to do this on macOS?

Posté Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 11:57 pm
djkerosHome userMember since 2006
user23473520 wrote :
Is it possible to route the video output of VDJ [showing currently playing selection] to OBS as a scene source?

You MUST connect an external display and select “show windows with empty names”, in the Properties tab…

Posté Sun 18 Feb 24 @ 7:39 pm