Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Remixing Idea -- Flipping Tracks
Hi,

Serato has a nice plugin called "Flip". I know that there is a plugin named "RoutineSP" that is supposed to be a similar tool. However, I think it's buggy and clunky. I'd like to see a cleaner, native implementation of the feature so that it could be smoother and more reliable.

Description: Records, saves and recalls the cue pad routine of the user.

The basic operations would be:

1. A dedicated pane or cue pads with clear labeling
2. A ability to easily recall saved routines within a loaded track
3. Record mode: starts recording the cue pads touched and their order
4. Save: saves the routine
5. Naming: allows the user to name the routine
6. On/Off: During playback, the routine can be turned on and off
7. Loop routine: Replay a routine as a loop
8. Censor: Ability to apply censoring to a routine

Posté Thu 13 May 21 @ 12:39 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Hi, I made routine, on my own, not a developer, completely restricted to vdj script, tested [for months] routines for hours @200% pitch without fault worked on the concept over a few winters.

1 I used a padpage [previous versions I used a host of APOI, an insane APOI, a MB sized padpade also a plugin in other trials] not sure what else you expect.
2 did that, it's the padpage
3 don't really follow, it's shift+pad and it's armed and waiting to record
4 shift+[any]pad to end recording
5 naming, did that, name cue X000, I can't create dialogue boxes
6 did that, can "bale" at any time with shift+pad during a routine
7 did that, pad param 1, even during the routine
8 beyond my scope, I made this with script, if you want to censor I made a routineStep variable, use that and a APOI

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLElI5UuIUibOAknXcVweAILtdCrFyLQQu

Would I like something better?, sure, but it would have to be better than serato, editable after the fact [did that] , exit cue policy [did that too] , be slip free even at 1000% pitch [yes I tested @1000% pitch, to my own torture]

please go ahead, pick it apart, pull every fault, I welcome it.
[but watch the video first]

Posté Thu 13 May 21 @ 2:55 am
Thanks I'll take a look at the vids, it looks familiar and so I may have already tried using it and I think it had some dependence on the cue point ordering and if the order is changed it can throw of the routine. But it could be something else.

ill look at and get back. Thanks

locodog wrote :
Hi, I made routine, on my own, not a developer, completely restricted to vdj script, tested [for months] routines for hours @200% pitch without fault worked on the concept over a few winters.

1 I used a padpage [previous versions I used a host of APOI, an insane APOI, a MB sized padpade also a plugin in other trials] not sure what else you expect.
2 did that, it's the padpage
3 don't really follow, it's shift+pad and it's armed and waiting to record
4 shift+[any]pad to end recording
5 naming, did that, name cue X000, I can't create dialogue boxes
6 did that, can "bale" at any time with shift+pad during a routine
7 did that, pad param 1, even during the routine
8 beyond my scope, I made this with script, if you want to censor I made a routineStep variable, use that and a APOI

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLElI5UuIUibOAknXcVweAILtdCrFyLQQu

Would I like something better?, sure, but it would have to be better than serato, editable after the fact [did that] , exit cue policy [did that too] , be slip free even at 1000% pitch [yes I tested @1000% pitch, to my own torture]

please go ahead, pick it apart, pull every fault, I welcome it.
[but watch the video first]

Posté Sun 30 May 21 @ 10:26 pm