Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Sujet Music nor Video Stream songs will load
I just purchased the two streaming licenses from VDJ and while doing two gigs this past weekend, I couldn't get neither one of them to load songs. I had a great connection because Tidal was able to load songs just fine "IN VDJ". So how come I couldn't get a VDJ product to load inside of its own software? This really upset me because I am a video DJ and couldn't play any videos. If this is not fixed....a refund should be offered. I had a subscription to both before and they worked with no problems.

Posté Mon 24 May 21 @ 6:51 pm
What happened when you did try?
and does it work now at home? or perhaps you tried use it in wrong way?

Posté Mon 24 May 21 @ 6:52 pm
When I tried it said "No Results", but trying it now (from home) it's working. I'm still getting no results on some songs, but I was getting it in both the Music and the Videos, now I'm only getting it in the Videos. I do understand that there will be more variety with just the music and not all songs are going to be on videos, but it was everything I typed in came back no results "at both gigs" in two different locations on Friday and Saturday. Now.....today......it looks like it's working from my home. That is really crazy that it would do that at two different locations. I'm in I.T. so I know a little bit about how to troubleshoot to make things work. Like I said.....I had both before in the past and they worked then.

Posté Mon 24 May 21 @ 7:14 pm
Here's the thing though - if you're working as a professional (charging the client) then you shouldn't be totally relying on streaming, because there's a risk it might not work.

It can happen to anyone. Even Glastonbury had problems with their stream a few days ago, and they had thousands of paying customers.

Posté Mon 24 May 21 @ 7:31 pm
Possibly port blocking on the host router? Many big companies do that to stop people downloading large amounts of data from P2P or sharing sites.

Posté Mon 24 May 21 @ 7:36 pm
"No results" sound like no search results..
Is that what you meant? and as you say, also happens at home?

The catalogs doesnt have every song imaginable available ..
And being pools, can even be a bit limited on back catalogs etc

Posté Mon 24 May 21 @ 7:40 pm
groovindj wrote :
Here's the thing though - if you're working as a professional (charging the client) then you shouldn't be totally relying on streaming, because there's a risk it might not work.

It can happen to anyone. Even Glastonbury had problems with their stream a few days ago, and they had thousands of paying customers.

Here's the other thing though, it shouldn't matter if you're a professional or not, if you pay for something you expect it to work...right? If you go out to start your car and it doesn't work.....just because you're not a mechanic are you okay with that? So save me the "professional" DJ crap.

Posté Tue 25 May 21 @ 12:13 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
"No results" sound like no search results..
Is that what you meant? and as you say, also happens at home?

The catalogs doesnt have every song imaginable available ..
And being pools, can even be a bit limited on back catalogs etc

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

No, I understand the "No Results" thing...I get that, but it was happening on every song I typed in. Songs that "I KNOW" would come up because:
1) They came up in the past when I had both licenses, and...
2) Michael Jackson should come up....correct?

I typed just his name in and it came up with "NO RESULTS". That's why I cancelled BOTH subscriptions in the past, because of the unreliability (with the cost) just wasn't worth it. Paying $60 a month for this not to work is just crazy. Looks like I will be cancelling again.

I have 2 gigs again this weekend.....I will report back with what happens "GOOD or BAD"!

Posté Tue 25 May 21 @ 12:18 pm
DJBIGGGMeech wrote :
if you pay for something you expect it to work...right?

Within reason, yes. If it's something like a streaming service, they won't offer you a rock solid guarantee that it will be up and running 24/7/365 - because certain things will be out of their control, they will need to perform maintenance etc.

Posté Tue 25 May 21 @ 4:57 pm
groovindj wrote :
DJBIGGGMeech wrote :
if you pay for something you expect it to work...right?

Within reason, yes. If it's something like a streaming service, they won't offer you a rock solid guarantee that it will be up and running 24/7/365 - because certain things will be out of their control, they will need to perform maintenance etc.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Then all of that should be stated in the fine print upon sale. Oh right......there is no fine print stating anything you just mentioned. If that information was forthright....then "some" people might think twice about purchasing said product.

Posté Tue 25 May 21 @ 7:25 pm
Common sense comes into play. They shouldn't need to specify every single possible thing that might go wrong etc.

If you go into a shop and buy a knife, it doesn't come with a huge long list of things not to do, like:

Don't stab yourself or other people
Don't use it to cut into live electrical wires
Don't swallow it
Don''t throw it at your pet cat

They assume that the purchaser has a degree of intelligence.

Posté Wed 26 May 21 @ 6:32 pm
groovindj wrote :
Common sense comes into play. They shouldn't need to specify every single possible thing that might go wrong etc.

If you go into a shop and buy a knife, it doesn't come with a huge long list of things not to do, like:

Don't stab yourself or other people
Don't use it to cut into live electrical wires
Don't swallow it
Don''t throw it at your pet cat

They assume that the purchaser has a degree of intelligence.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I can tell talking to you gets me nowhere. I'm sure you and I can go back and forth with idiosyncrasies ALL DAY (and on any other day I would gladly entertain you), but if you work for VDJ.....can you help me or not....because if you can't, can you move aside for a real "PROFESSIONAL" to help. You're a waste of my precious time.

I'm sure you have a lot of fun by yourself laughing at your sarcastic "attempt" at humor.....continue to do so.

Posté Wed 26 May 21 @ 10:06 pm
DJBIGGGMeech wrote :
can you help me or not

I helped you already in post #4 by providing advice about not relying on streaming. You then decided to challenge what I'd said, which is how we've ended up here.

You can always try using another service - there are plenty available now, but IMO just don't depend on it totally.

Posté Thu 27 May 21 @ 4:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Pointless to continue this discussion guys, please !

Back to topic, if it's working for you in one place and not at some other, then you ll have to check the local network.

Posté Thu 27 May 21 @ 4:50 pm
djdad wrote :
Pointless to continue this discussion guys, please !

Back to topic, if it's working for you in one place and not at some other, then you ll have to check the local network.

I appreciate you response sir. I NEVER once said I "depend" on any streaming service. I actually use it as a "back up". I have my music all on external hard drives (along with a lot of videos as well). However......when I buy something, I do expect for it to work.

I do have three gigs this weekend....I will do what you suggested and try it in "all the locations" and see how it goes.

Thanks again for your reply.

Posté Thu 27 May 21 @ 9:15 pm
DJBIGGGMeech wrote :
I NEVER once said I "depend" on any streaming service

What you did say was "I am a video DJ and couldn't play any videos". If you have videos on your hard drive, that's not an accurate statement.

People here can only respond to the information given. If you say that you couldn't play ANY videos, then we can only assume that's because you don't have any stored locally.

Posté Sat 29 May 21 @ 7:37 am