Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Search for Missing Files - Page: 2
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You should still get a notification then on startup that the database could not be opened.

Posté Mon 20 Sep 21 @ 12:17 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@adion Was I right with the playlist idea?

Posté Mon 20 Sep 21 @ 2:10 pm
Playlists are indeed also checked upon opening, so they would also mark the track as not available (but wouldn't remove from db)

Posté Mon 20 Sep 21 @ 5:31 pm
If the entries are removed from the database, what happens to my playlists? Are the tracks removed from playlists? That's not what I want.
My goal is not to remove but find.

@Adion wrote "The browser option button has an option 'remove missing files from search db' which will check if the entries in the database exists, and if not remove them from the database."

Posté Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 2:16 pm
No, nothing changes to your playlists, the entry will still be there

Posté Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 2:45 pm
tangosynthesis wrote :
Is there an easy way to get VDJ to search the database and identify which files are missing without having to load them onto a deck or hit prelisten???

I've just spent days reorganising everything, and now there are a huge number of duplicate entries, missing files, incorrect format versions etc scattered throughout the database, and the only way I know which are the wrong ones is when I try to play them.

Hello tangosynthesis !

I wonder if you found a solution to this ugly thing: having to load a song in a deck in order to see if its location is valid or not. I also have loads of song that might be in that case but I don't want to go over my huge list one by one in order to do this...

Posté Thu 22 Jun 23 @ 1:45 pm
I've ran into this problem. I found a fix a few years back. Although recently changes have been made so the order to do this may change.
Step 1: Select your local drive (not a favorite folder), Navigate to C: > Music folder.
2: Right click, then recursive
- Next Add selected (Music) Folder to Database (I suggest heading to each sub folder and do a recursive + add each folder to database too)
3: Head down to the browser where you can change the font size, look for a small "button." click it, and then select clean database.

OTHER TRICK.
1: Head to settings, look at online plugins.... (BRB with detailed instructions on this)

Posté Thu 22 Jun 23 @ 8:58 pm
I've ran into this problem. I found a fix a few years back. Although recently changes have been made so the order to do this may change.
Step 1: Select your local drive (not a favorite folder), Navigate to C: > Music folder.
2: Right click, then recursive
- Next Add selected (Music) Folder to Database (I suggest heading to each sub folder and do a recursive + add each folder to database too)

3: Head down to the browser where you can change the font size, look for a small "button." click it, and then select clean database.

OTHER TRICK.
1: Head to settings, look at online plugins....Check this picture. Install the Plugin. You can find this tool in the BROWSER VIEW < Left Side, Look for a RED labeled entry.

Posté Fri 23 Jun 23 @ 12:37 am