Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Pioneer DDJ-Rev7 - Page: 1
Pioneer will be announcing the release of their latest revolutionary controller this Thurs Jan 13th. It is called the DDJ-Rev7 and it is the talk of the town in the DJ world right now. So far, I really really want this thing, however I am a long time very loyal Virtual DJ user and I am hoping and praying that Atomix gets the mapping correct on this unit. I'm specifically talking about 4 deck mixing.

I used to use the DDJ-800 as my main gigging controller. That is a 4 deck controller (just like the DDJ-SR2) with 2 channel faders. For some reason unknown to me, Atomix was never able to get the DDJ-800 to do 4 deck mixing as intended, but they had no problem getting the DDJ-SR2 to do so. I'm still scratching my head on that one. After pleading with Atomix for 2 years to get the 4 deck mixing aspect of the 800 to work with VDJ, I finally gave up and purchased the DDJ-1000 and put my 800 in the closet as a back up controller.

Please please pleaseeeeee Atomix, don't drop the ball on the DDJ-Rev7. This is going to be Pioneer's new flagship controller that will work exactly like the SR2 and the 800. It is a 2 fader controller that does 4 deck mixing. I use 4 deck mixing all the time on my DDJ-1000 and I would like to continue doing so on the Rev7. My decision to purchase the Rev7 will be based solely on Atomix's ability to enable the 4 deck mixing on it. I really don't want to abandon Virtual DJ. It is the best DJ software ever created in my opinion. I just need the programmers to help me out here.

Thanks for reading.

Posté Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 10:31 am
There are only 2 channels on it - so way harder to do 4 deck mixing than on a DDJ-1000 IMO
I think there may also be a DDJ-rev10 coming if the internet rumors are correct. But again rumored to be only 2 channels/decks
So I don't see any of those two being a direct DDJ-1000 competitor. More like a Rane One "killer"

Posté Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 11:34 am
... oh, but I of course would like to see VDJ support for them. No question :)

Posté Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 11:34 am
DJay 2Legit wrote :
latest revolutionary controller

Ha ha ha. Copy of the Rane 1 you mean!

Posté Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 5:27 pm

Posté Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 5:46 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
There are only 2 channels on it - so way harder to do 4 deck mixing than on a DDJ-1000 IMO
I think there may also be a DDJ-rev10 coming if the internet rumors are correct. But again rumored to be only 2 channels/decks
So I don't see any of those two being a direct DDJ-1000 competitor. More like a Rane One "killer"

The Rev7 will have FULL 4 deck mixing on 2 channel faders just like the SR2 and 800. It will work perfectly with Serato.

All I'm asking is that Atomix please make that translate over to VDJ for the Rev7. Is that too much to ask?

For me, 4 deck mixing on 2 faders is easy. I used to do it all the time on my SR2.

And this is not a Rane One copycat. Only turntablists will fully understand this.

Posté Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 11:42 pm

Posté Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 8:26 am
It's so weird that it doesn't have regular temp cue. I realize it's to appear more like a turntable, but I would really miss that if I got the controller. I use temp cue all the time

The instant scratch feature seems out of place on a pro level controller, but I guess you can just not use it :)

Posté Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 8:40 am
Yeah, just watched the video. The temp cue issue is a bit weird.

Price is a bit steep for a Serato controller but people will still buy it anyway.

How many people use scratch DNA in VDJ ..... it seems to be a generally forgotten about feature that was heralded as absolutely massive on release.

Posté Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 8:50 am
Well now that the official announcement has been made and there are a plethora of videos online with tons of info about this controller, I have learned that the Rev7 will not have 4 deck mixing capabilities as I originally thought, however it's little brother, the Rev1, that will cost only $200 WILL have this feature. Smh....

So Atomix, please disregard everything I said. I will NOT be getting the Rev7. I am not gonna pay almost 2 grand for a controller that can't do 4 deck mixing. I know 4 deck mixing is not something that most DJs do, however I use it all the time. It's part of my DJing style and I won't give that up just for some moving platters. Instead, I'll just buy myself a 2nd DDJ-1000.

Good day everyone and long live VDJ!

Posté Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 7:41 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
It's so weird that it doesn't have regular temp cue. I realize it's to appear more like a turntable, but I would really miss that if I got the controller. I use temp cue all the time

The instant scratch feature seems out of place on a pro level controller, but I guess you can just not use it :)

For sure, the missing temp cue is a bit strange when you come from a DDJ-like controller to turntable.
(I still have my 4 DDJ controllers with my Rane setup)
But the Silent Cue can be the good solution.

I know a nice guy who presented this feature within VDJ on 12/07/2020.
Maybe you know him, too ? He has the same name as you ! ;)

Posté Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 4:12 pm
Has there been any updates or confirmation of if VDJ will support Rev 1?

Posté Sat 05 Feb 22 @ 10:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, we will support both REV7 and REV1

Posté Sun 06 Feb 22 @ 1:17 pm
djdad wrote :
Yes, we will support both REV7 and REV1

i dont wanna be annoying, but any kind of estimate of when that'll drop? i just picked up a rev1 and i just really dislike serato and love this software.

Moderator: please keep to polite language.

Posté Mon 07 Feb 22 @ 6:42 pm
Got the rev 1 for $250 it’s handy and pretty nice I hope y’all make vdj compatible

Posté Mon 07 Feb 22 @ 11:03 pm
I have also picked up the Rev1 unfortunately its not yet vdj supported and I'm not interested in using serato. Any time line on when vdj with support the rev1 is much appreciated. Thank you vdj for a the great work yall do!

Posté Wed 16 Feb 22 @ 7:01 am
its been about 4 to 5 years after my battle with cancer since I djed and I just got my rev 1 the other day .. i tried using Serato DJ and I'm not a fan .. i cant wait for the support for my rev one :)

Posté Fri 25 Feb 22 @ 7:52 am
just picked up a rev 1 as well and did not even think about it not working with VDJ yet till I plugged it in, and nothing shows up. this is going to suck going back to serato when I want to use this controller.

Posté Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 10:33 pm
i cant wait for support for support for rev 1

Posté Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 10:18 pm
43%