Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Windows 11 compatibility issues
Okay so I had been running my virtual DJ on my laptop that has Windows 10 for about 5 years ,( note I was also using an external hard drive) and since my laptop started slowing down as they normally do after being used for that long I wanted a new laptop so I went to Best buy and bought a new 1tb external hard drive and a new laptop with all higher specs on it more RAM ,better video card ,and faster CPU upgraded from what I had before so I take the laptop home and I seen it had Windows 11 on it ...I was thinking okay I have a new laptop higher specs faster CPU more RAM and an upgraded operating system(windows 11) on my new laptop so what could go wrong. Boy was I wrong so once I installed my virtual DJ which I have a pro Infinity license and Im up to date with all my virtual DJ updates. It didn't take long for me to start seeing problems... The first problem I seen was the response time was MUCH slower when loading songs it would take a couple of seconds to load when before it was instant.2nd problem.. if I stepped away from my computer then came back and loaded another song it wouldn't even load the song, the deck would actually stay blank , it would take up to 5 or 10 seconds (which is insane when you're trying to get a song loaded in a hurry) then all of a sudden the song with just appear in the deck but if I try to load another song while the previous song is still trying to load then virtual DJ would just crash and I'd have to start the whole program over again which is a tragedy when you're DJing a function or party or club.
3rd problem was a quick stuttering of the music and it didn't matter if the song was already playing or at the beginning of the song or at the end of the song and it would happen out of nowhere that it would stutter for about 2 seconds which doesn't sound like a long time but when you're playing an important song like a first dance for a wedding that could ruin the whole moment. So I started troubleshooting the first thing I did was try the NEW laptop with my OLD external hard drive thinking maybe it was the hard drive, But no all the problems were still there slow loading songs, blank deck after loading songs, and stuttering music. And virtual DJ program crashing if I try to load songs too quickly. So the next troubleshooting thing I did was try my new external hard drive on my old laptop and I didn't see any problems so that eliminated the new hard drive as being the problem. Next I made sure that the new laptop and virtual DJ was completely updated. And they were so since I kept seeing the problem on the new laptop but not the old laptop I thought there was something wrong with the laptop sometimes they sell you a refurbished one and don't tell you it's refurbished so I returned the new laptop back to Best buy and bought a different brand and even higher specs with even faster CPU and better sound card and video card and more RAM. But all the problems were still there so I returned the second laptop to the store. Now I'm on my third new computer from Best buy with specs all exceeding virtual DJs minimal requirements to run the program. So it it has to be a compatibility problem with Windows 11 and virtual DJ because when I used the old and new external hard drive on my old laptop it worked fine but when I tried them both on all the new computers it would have problems so can anyone suggest what I need to do besides start using serato which I'm considering after being dedicated to virtual DJ for 10yrs +CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? OR IS SOMEONE SEEN THE SAME PROBLEMS ??

Posté Wed 09 Feb 22 @ 4:52 pm
reese4477 wrote :
it has to be a compatibility problem with Windows 11 and virtual DJ

No compatibility problems here. I've been running VDJ on Windows 11 for months, doing regular three hour live streams with full on graphics, without a hitch. My computer wasn't from Best Buy though...

Posté Wed 09 Feb 22 @ 7:15 pm
Only with a laptop or is there also a device with it?
Secret!?! lol
Does everything have to wake up from "sleep mode" first?
Checked power settings?
Serato runs decent?

Posté Wed 09 Feb 22 @ 7:47 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
There is a difference between an upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 and a clean install of windows 11 so it's important to make the difference (less issues with an upgrade apparently)
Secondly, Microsoft has recently fixed slowdown issues in its latest patches

link

Quote :
With Windows 11 February 2022 update, Microsoft has finally delivered a full fix for performance issues. In the changelog, Microsoft explained that it fixed a performance regression bug that would occur on some configurations when you enable the update sequence number (USN) journal.

Posté Thu 10 Feb 22 @ 5:02 am
I am also having issues with Virtual DJ Infinity on a new laptop with Windows 11. Four times last Saturday, i would get like a stutter in the middle of the song while it was playing. Virtual DJ is the ONLY program on the laptop, it's all I use it for.

Spec: Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5
AMD Ryzen™ 5 5500U Processor (2.10 GHz up to 4.00 GHz)
Windows 11 Home 64
Integrated AMD Radeon™ Graphics
8 GB LPDDR4X-4266MHz (Soldered)
256 GB SSD M.2 2242 PCIe Gen3 TLC
16" WUXGA (1920 x 1200), IPS, Glare, Touch, 45%NTSC, 300 nits, 60Hz

Posté Thu 13 Apr 23 @ 7:31 pm
VJ ROBPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I was having the Same problem till I found out this Go to settings options and type in video, which will open the correct window. Tick no this will stop the stutter

Posté Sun 16 Apr 23 @ 1:34 pm