Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet screen reader accessibility issues
hello. my name is vlad. i'm blind and i use virtual dj as my software for mixing.
i'm using screen readers to use my computer in general. the thing is that vdj has some accessibility issues, i can't read the dialogs or anything without sighted help or optical character recognition.
this issue occurred starting with vdj 8.2. can someone from the dev team have a look and see if they can bring back the accessibility that existed in the previous versions?
best regards.

Posté Mon 08 Aug 22 @ 9:10 am
hello again.
this is especially for the virtual dj developers incase they are interested in this project. so someone created an extension which uses a midi port for making virtual dj mostly accessible using vdj script. you can check the project at the following link.
https://virtualdjaccessibility.com

Posté Thu 20 Apr 23 @ 1:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Sorry about the late reply.
In the more recent build VirtualDJ indeed switched from classic windows dialogs to custom skinned dialogs, which indeed would break screen readers.
We will be checking if these can still be made more compatible with screen readers though, but I don't have a timeline yet about when this will be available.

Posté Tue 02 May 23 @ 12:16 pm
thanks for your reply. i'm looking forward to help testing the accessibility when ever will be available.
best regards.

Posté Tue 02 May 23 @ 12:34 pm