Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Recording issue
g6yob30Home userMember since 2022
Been trying to record my mixes instead of using my phone to record , issue I'm having is that whatever I cue up in the headphones is also recording , using a 2 channel mixer , and 2 ndx500s and my laptop . I'm guessing it's settings but I can't seem to make it work whatsoever , any help would be appreciated. I have pics of my settings if needed

Posté Thu 18 Aug 22 @ 4:29 pm
It may depend on your mixer.
What mixer are you using?

If the audio output from VirtualDJ is deck 1 and deck 2 (instead of master + headphones), you can record directly from the mixers own output (usually has a rec out or boot out). Alternatively route this output back into the computers line-in and add a "record" entry in VDJ sound settings equal to this line-in and VDJ will record for you . https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Record%20Loopback.html

Posté Thu 18 Aug 22 @ 9:33 pm
That's where I think my issue is I'm using a basic behringer nox101 2 channel mixer , doesn't have rec or booth or usb 🙄

Posté Fri 19 Aug 22 @ 4:01 pm
When using an external mixer like that, you can't record the mix in VDJ, as VDJ is not using the software mixer. The mixing is being done by the NOX101 so you have to record from the NOX101 output.

I notice it has two sets of outputs - jack and RCA. Whichever one you're using to feed your speakers, use the other set to record.

Posté Fri 19 Aug 22 @ 6:20 pm
Appreciate the info , done so much reading up and started to confuse myself with it

Posté Fri 19 Aug 22 @ 9:03 pm
I'll order jack leads instead now

Posté Fri 19 Aug 22 @ 9:38 pm