Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Shader freezing
Good Day to all,
After updating the VDJ app on my mac to version 7151 all my shaders stop working. It still switches back and forth but there is no movement. i have to revert back to 7032 then all my shader is back and working. kindly advise. thank you all

Posté Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 8:30 pm
Forgot to post my spec: Macbook pro 15 2017 16 gb of ram and 512 gb HDD

Posté Tue 18 Oct 22 @ 1:31 pm
just wanted to bump the question. no disrespect . appreciate the help

Posté Wed 19 Oct 22 @ 11:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Should be fixed in 7183 update

Posté Thu 20 Oct 22 @ 4:49 am
thank you appreciate your guidance

Posté Thu 20 Oct 22 @ 3:26 pm
Hi ADION,
Unfortunately it is still not working. nothing change on my end, but when i rolled it back to 7083. everything is fine
not sure whats going on

Posté Fri 21 Oct 22 @ 2:48 pm
help please

Posté Fri 21 Oct 22 @ 2:48 pm
Hey !
i was experiencing this issue just in the last few days as well running a dell g7 7700 , 2070S GPU plenty of machine for the task.
I haven't had the issue with the default skin .
And in due diligence i tested just about every recently updated skin and was able to get a crash anywhere from 5-20 mins of playing music with a shader only visual.
I have another gig next weekend were this has to be solid so I will continue to do some more 1-2 hour tests verify it is stable with the default skin.

Latest build - Del G7 7700 , 2070s

Posté Fri 21 Oct 22 @ 9:10 pm
@Mr Elive,
I did try it on default skin on both of my Mac and they act the same way with the latest built, shader just frozen. so I rule out both my Mac. when I rolled them back to version 7083, everything works fine again, then I installed the version (7183) and updated them on both Mac with the newest built (7183) , issue is back so I rule out my laptop. something on the latest built that breaks the shader. hopeful for the Dev to take a look at this issue. Both of my Mac have the same spec.2017 Mac I7 16 gb ram and 512 gb hdd. then I even reimagined one of them, fresh installed Mac OS Monterey, Same issue. Remove connection to the ext monitor same issue. shader is frozen. Installed ver 7083, everything works fine. I believe I cover all troubleshooting on my end. help is appreciated regarding this matter. Even disconnected the controller DDJ RZX, just running the laptop, same issue. not sure what is gong on. I even went to the extreme and removed all the shader and re download and ran one at a time on both Mac, same issue with version 7183. so I think I cover everything on my end when it come to troubleshooting the issue on both of my laptop. Both of them is all up to date to the latest Mac OS 12.6. Help is appreciated real bad.

Posté Sat 22 Oct 22 @ 3:07 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
On mac, make sure experimentalUseMetal option is enabled

Posté Sat 22 Oct 22 @ 5:37 am
thank you adion for your kind guidance. Turning on the metal on Mac works.

Posté Sat 22 Oct 22 @ 3:54 pm
there is no experimentalUseMetal option mac os ventura. vdj v2023-gl b7692 shaders showing but not playing ..im goin crazy. ..please help ..

Posté Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 6:10 pm