Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Weird Issue with Stem Effect Pad
Hi guys,

Have an issue where i have copied across an effect for Instrumental brake to my custom stems pad page.

Issue is that it will not work if i press the pad on my controller, but will work as intended if i click on the pad on the screen?

Any ideas why this would happen?

Pad has been configured as below

var 'stemsnfx2' 2 ? on & set 'stemsnfx2' 0 & mute_stem 'instru' off & mute_stem 'bass' off & mute_stem 'rhythm' off : off & set 'stemsnfx2' 2 & slip_mode off ? slip_mode & effect_stems 'instru' on & effect_stems 'bass' on & effect_stems 'rhythm' on & padfx_single 'brakestart' 0.25 & wait 1bt &slip_mode off & mute_stem 'instru' on & mute_stem 'bass' on & mute_stem 'rhythm' on & padfx 'brakestart' & effect_stems 'instru' off & effect_stems 'bass' off & effect_stems 'rhythm' off : effect_stems 'instru' on & effect_stems 'bass' on & effect_stems 'rhythm' on & padfx_single 'brakestart' 0.25 & wait 1bt & mute_stem 'instru' on & mute_stem 'bass' on & mute_stem 'rhythm' on & padfx 'brakestart' & effect_stems 'instru' off & effect_stems 'bass' off & effect_stems 'rhythm' off

Posté Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 9:03 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
... & wait 1bt &slip_mode off & ...

typo there, not sure that's the issue, but first thing I spotted

Posté Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 9:17 pm
I'll be honest I didn't write the script as its lifted straight from the Stems & FX pad page installed via VDJ.

It will work fine on the Stems & FX page using the controllers pad & clicking on the button on screen.

But copying across to my stems page it will only work by clicking the button on the screen, but not via the pad on the controller.

Hope that makes sense?

Posté Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 9:27 pm
Any one able to shed some light on this?

I have even tried creating brand new pad page but that doesn’t work either.

How ever I try the above script just will not work via the pads but work perfectly fine if I click the pad on screen.

Posté Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 7:39 am
Almost 6 months on and i still haven't been able to figure out this issue.

If i click on the assigned pad on the laptop (on the GUI) via the mouse the effect works as expected, but pressing the assign pad on my controller has zero effect at all.

Would anyone know what could be going on here?

Posté Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 9:24 am
Are you sure you controller pads have default mappings, so that they trigger the pad page pads?

Posté Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 9:33 am
Pretty sure, as the other 7 pads all operate as expected for that page, it's just that specific effect.

The pad in question is not the issue either as if i move the effect to a different pad the problem follows suit.
This defo has me stumped!

Posté Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 10:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
and your controller's pad is mapped as .. pad x ?
What is your controller ?

Posté Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 10:19 am
Sorry should have mentioned i have a XDJ-RX2.

All other pads (and associated effects) on that page work just fine. All other pad pages work as expected to, just if i apply that config for the instrumental braker effect to my custom stems pad page.

I'll need to confirm the pad page name once i get home, as i'm not In front of it right now.

Posté Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 10:31 am
djdad wrote :

Is this part of the script what refs the page it should be run on?

var 'stemsnfx2'

So if my pad page is called something different it wont work? if so it may be just the case of either changing the script to include my pad page name or rename my pad page to stemsnfx2?

Posté Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 10:33 am
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
djdad wrote :

Is this part of the script what refs the page it should be run on?

var 'stemsnfx2'

So if my pad page is called something different it wont work? if so it may be just the case of either changing the script to include my pad page name or rename my pad page to stemsnfx2?

No, that will normally just be mapped to pad 1, pad 2 and so on
Like this mapping on my DDJ-SR

And that's then the exact same mapping on the pads in loop and in roll mode, because it will then simply trigger the currently selected pad page
So you can see it as all the pad scripts being elevated a level, so that they don't trigger anything specific anymore. Instead they just tell the pad page to do whenever it's scripted to do for the pad. And then the pad selector buttons simply switch pad pages

Posté Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 12:01 pm
Thanks for the info Klaus, i checked and the pads were mapped correctly in VDJ as I expected they would be.

I played about with moving the stem page to a different pad page (from autoloop to slicer) and had the same problem. So I ended finding the issue being the stem.xml for that page. So i deleted the .xml for it from the VDJ folder and recreated it from scratch it now works as expected, so something in the original page was certainly causing the issue.

Just glad i got to the bottom of it as it had been driving me mad for months!

Posté Tue 13 Jun 23 @ 7:23 am