Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Recording File Info
So after I stop an audio recording in VDJ, I can go back and play that audio file and all of the songs are listed as "Cues". I can move that same file to a different location on my computer, and the song titles are all still there. But if I move that recorded audio file to a different computer and play it with VDJ, those song titles as cues all disappear. Just wondering if there is a way to embed that Song Title/Cue Button info into the recorded file, and / or where that data is actually stored.

Posté Sun 02 Apr 23 @ 7:02 pm
Move the cue file with the MP3

Posté Thu 06 Apr 23 @ 2:34 pm
I actually tried that but didn't think it worked... BUT I'll try again just to be sure.... Guessing I'd need to somehow import the playlist file as well as the audio file.... will try that as well...

Posté Fri 07 Apr 23 @ 5:08 pm
So, yes. If I move both the audio file and the cue file, and put them on a different computer, even in the same directory, VDJ doesn't recognize the info in the .cue file.

Posté Mon 10 Apr 23 @ 2:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You refer to the names of the POIs VirtualDJ automatically sets each time you mix the next Track ?
If so, then these are saved in the Database xml file.
If you want to copy your recorded file along with all of its Database entries, you need to use VirtualDJ Browser to copy/move/paste,.
- On 1st computer, Right-click to the File ->File Operations ->Copy to .. select some USB Drive
- Then on the other computer, either from VirtualDJ load from the USB drive or Right-click->File Operations ->Copy/Move to your Hard Drive.

Posté Mon 10 Apr 23 @ 3:14 pm
Thanks! I'll give this a shot. Its not a big deal either way, but if possible to include the meta data with the recorded file, or somehow make it "portable", that would be a good thing.

Posté Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 3:39 pm