Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet 30 SEC DELAY BEFORE EACH TRACK
Hi all ,
i would like to know if there is a way to limit the amount of secs before track in the wave form , i'm not talking about tracks with long intro , since when opened with vlc there is no silence before track but in vdj there is -30secs before every track.
Any info would be greatly appreciated thx much.

Posté Mon 05 Jun 23 @ 10:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Why would u want that ?

Some want to set a loop before the begining of the track

Posté Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 2:27 am
djdad wrote :
Why would u want that ?

Some want to set a loop before the beginning of the track

who would wanna loop silence? & as to why i want that cuz when i wheel a tune i want it on the top of the track not on silence if there is a setting i am missing since -5 secs would be better as there would be enough room to scratch in a tune. info would be helpful

Posté Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 3:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Some like to have a loop before the start of the Track (4,8,16 beats), have it playing with its Vol fader up and beat/bar/phrase aligned with the Master Deck, then when the time comes , they just disable the loop and the Track plays from the start on time and point.
And btw (not that it matters much), other DJ software have this too, no ?

You wrote .. "when i wheel a tune "...
.. can you explain how exactly you do this and end up so far before the beginning of the Track ?

Posté Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 3:34 pm
i don't end up so far i probably end up within -10 secs of 1st beat which is silence in a mix .... not good .... but hey do you know of a way to limit this -30 secs delay ?

Posté Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 2:19 pm
What do you have autoCue set to? Set it to 'skip silence'.

Posté Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 4:48 pm
There's something you're not telling us, that's causing wrong behavior.

By default, VirtualDJ will not "cue" or load a track with 30 secs silence.
By default it will load it ready to play "the same way as a media player like VLC would"
Due to the way DJs mix songs, you CAN go back before the beginning of the track for some time (what you refer to as silence). But the program itself will NOT go there automatically.

Posté Fri 09 Jun 23 @ 8:14 am
ok so here what im talking about i have highlighted the area in question dragging the wave form back to the start i end up in these horrific quiet zones (crickets chirping) i wanna know how to get rid of it ..

Posté Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 3:57 am
DJ Don Gorgan wrote :
ok so here what im talking about i have highlighted the area in question dragging the wave form back to the start i end up in these horrific quiet zones (crickets chirping) i wanna know how to get rid of it ..

Posté Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 3:58 am