Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Denon Prime 4 Plus
Just took delivery of my new Prime 4 + and noticed VDJ does not recognize the controller when its plugged in. Automatically assumed it would work since it works so well with original Prime 4...Does VDJ need to add/update or is this on my end?

Posté Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 12:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Should work like the original model and Denon has confirmed as well.
I suppose you have put Prime to Computer mode, drivers installed ?
You could reset VirtualDJ settings and try again.

VirtualDJ logs some detection info in Log Report.txt file in VDJ HomeFolder. if the setting CreateMidiLog is enabled. If still not working you can post here the content of that file to check.

Posté Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 1:44 pm
djdad wrote :
Should work like the original model

Even down to using the same PID?

Posté Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 4:05 pm
Has it been confirmed that the Prime 4 plus works automatically with the Prime 4 mapping?

Posté Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 8:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, it works. Denon has confirmed

Posté Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 8:57 pm
Denon sent out an email confirming what the changes in the plus are. Pretty poor after 4 years to be fair.

Posté Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 7:59 am
[quote=kradcliffe]Denon sent out an email confirming what the changes in the plus are. Pretty poor after 4 years to be fair.

There wasn't much they needed to change, it's just about the perfect controller

Posté Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 8:36 pm
djjohnnyrox wrote :
There wasn't much they needed to change, it's just about the perfect controller

That won't last

I remember when the Numark NS7 was the perfect controller
Then FXs became standard in all DJ software

Then Denon MC 6000 was the perfect controller for a while
Then Pad sections became the standard

:)

Posté Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 11:53 am
The least they could have done after over 4 years was a newer chipset to improve performance.

Posté Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 12:41 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
The least they could have done after over 4 years was a newer chipset to improve performance.

That’s the MK2 — coming soon 😆

Posté Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 12:48 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
to improve performance

Eh? What exactly is wrong with the performance then? I wasn't aware that you owned a Prime 4.

Posté Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 12:55 pm
One of my DJ colleagues has one. He has constant issues with jittery waveforms, slow load times and it's really bad when he tries to use all four decks together. Not a storage speed or database issue as he's done all the troubleshooting.

He's also had several DB corruption issues (one when turning up at a gig) so enough is enough.

He's selling it and going back to his trusty MC7000 and VDJ.

Posté Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 2:17 pm
I've not noticed jittery waveforms or slow loading times on mine, but's that's my setup.

Is he using it standalone or with DJ software? What storage is he using? Mine's internal SSD.

What file format? How many tracks in his DB? Loading from where? From streaming services will be slower as it has to cache then analyse. Also depends on the speed of service at the location.

If he's using uncompressed files and an enormous DB maybe that's having an impact.

The only thing I wish they'd address is the ridiculously low level onboard recording. Performance wise I haven't really got any issues - standalone or with VDJ.

As for the Plus, a few cosmetic changes isn't selling it to me.....and Amazon Music access seems pointless as it's not available anywhere outside inMusic's products.

Posté Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 2:34 pm
As a standalone its just about perfect. The layout is great, the screen size is great. The only thing missing for me is the ability to output music videos.
I have the original not the plus, I agree with groovin on this the minor changes aren't worth upgrading

Posté Mon 21 Aug 23 @ 1:10 am
ervox81Home userMember since 2024
How to enable the album art and the capture ring on the secondary display? (Denon Prime 4+) Thank's!

Posté Tue 20 Feb 24 @ 7:50 pm