Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet sound issue when using Yamaha MG12xu usb option.
I've been wanting to use the USB option on my yamaha mixer. When I hooked it up via computer to sound board, pushed the usb button, allowed computer time to install new device (Yamaha MG12xu) it sounded great for about 2 mins. Then a sound as it something was shorting out (very staticy) This terrible sound lasted about 15 seconds and then disappeared. It returned about 3 mins later. We were running a karaoke show and decided to play it safe and used the external sound card we have used for months.
Here is my question. When setting up Audio, I selected for Master , MG usb (the yamaha MG12xu) I then selected Headphones and the same MG usb (yamaha MG12XU) I'm wondering if I unknowingly created a conflict . I'd like to be able to use the yamaha sound card as I have heard good things.
Many thanks for your advice and suggestions. Michael Hawkins DJ older than dirt haha.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 1:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I guess Master and Headphones were on separate audio channels in VirtualDJ Audio setup ?

Never had the chance to use it, it appears to be a USB Audio Class compliant, but i see a Windows driver available to install here.. https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/proaudio/mixers/mg_series_xu_model/downloads.html
Not sure if that helps though.

I would also try to set the computer's built-in sound card as the Windows default Playback device (instead of the Yamaha) to prevent OS trying to send system or other sounds to it.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 9:41 pm

Posté Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 5:22 am
@DjKlauski.
That video link doesn't help.
This isn't and issue of quiet recording back to the computer.
This is an issue of the mixer out putting static noise every few minutes.

I have had the same issue and have tried several new laptops. One was even the same make (and acer nitro) though newer model, as the old one I currently have, And my old one doesn't have this noise issue, but the new one did.

The only current solution I found was to chain my focus right 2i2 scarlet between the laptop and the mixer.

Not ideal as it's extra setup and an extra audio filter between laptop and speakers.

A permanent solution so that I didn't have to use the scarlet would be great.

Posté Fri 19 Jul 24 @ 10:35 am
SnowDragon4012 wrote :

the mixer

What mixer? The thread is about the Yamaha MG12XU. Is that what you're using?

If not, please give details.

Posté Fri 19 Jul 24 @ 1:33 pm
First I would like to thank all that commented. My problem is with a Yamaha MGX12 using the usb output from the computer to the input on the back of the Yamaha Mixing board. It's an 12 channel sound board not a DJ mixer, if that makes sense. I was told that the Yamaha MGX12 console had a good built in USB soundcard that could be used from the computer. The Buzz isn't acceptable. Thanks again. Michael
I use this to run Karaoke shows.

Posté Sat 31 Aug 24 @ 6:47 am
1) You should NOT use the same soundcard (the one on the Yamaha board) for both Master AND Headphones as the board only offers ONE stereo channel.
2) You should test your setup at home to see where the issue relies.
Examples:
1. Connect the board and leave it alone (no sound playing). Does it produce a buzz after some time ?
2. Connect the board and play something via a media application / Youtube e.t.c. Does it produce a buzz after some time ?
3. Switch Phantom power off. Does it help ?

In other words:
Your issue is not specific to VirtualDJ. However without YOU doing some tests to eliminate the possible causes, we cannot offer much help.

Posté 4 days ago @ 6:31 am