Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VDJ Remote App
Hi folks, just a quick “cry for help” from me, in the hope that somebody out-there can give me an answer!

In a nutshell, before I purchase the Virtual DJ Remote App for my iPad, I’d like to know if it’s possible to use the ‘Ask The DJ’ feature on it and receive ‘customer requests’ this way.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Posté Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 8:23 am
I just tested it, and it does work (at least in the new Android version that was released as beta a couple of days ago)

But the refreshing of the list is a bit delayed - or maybe you have to switch to another folder and back - I didn't have the patience to wait :)

Another thing is that the remote app just sees it as a folder, so it thinks it can always load the request as track, and it will always just load the first match it can find
So if you try to load it and and play it from the app, it will work fine if you have it, (and only have one version of it) - but if the search that is triggered in VDJ doesn't find anything, then nothing will happen. You won't get an empty result
So to actually load and play the request the remote may not be the best option

But remember that the hardest part about using the remote (or any other setup where 2 devices need to connect to each other) is that you need to bring your own network. Connections between devices will typically be blocked in the wifi setup at venues for security reasons. I usually just let my phones access point be that network

Posté Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 8:52 am
Hi Klaus, many thanks for your speedy and positive feedback which is most appreciated my friend! I think it’s about time this ‘old dog’ learned some new tricks!

Posté Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 8:58 am
Well, I’ve just downloaded the app and sent myself three test requests via ‘Ask The DJ’, namely ‘Test 1’, ‘Test 2’ etc. However, on each occasion only the Message part was shown and not the Name bit. Am I doing something wrong and is there a way of the App showing the Sender’s name too?

Posté Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 9:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
On iOS the app has not been updated yet.

Posté Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 9:53 am
What a shame…so near but yet so far.

Hopefully it will make the next update!.

Cheers!

Posté Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 9:57 am
Yes, the iOS app will be updated soon as well

Posté Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 10:05 am
When it's updated, will it require a recent iOS? It requires 11 or later at the moment.

I can't install anything beyond 15.8 on my iPad, but I'm not running into issues where apps don't work (yet).

Posté Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 11:05 am
minimum will be iOS 15

Posté Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 11:19 am
That's good to know. Thanks!

Posté Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 11:54 am
Adion wrote :
Yes, the iOS app will be updated soon as well

Fantastic! Will the current version upgrade to the new one, or will it be a new purchase?

Posté Thu 09 Nov 23 @ 12:25 pm
Should be an update to the current app.

Posté Thu 09 Nov 23 @ 12:44 pm

Posté Thu 09 Nov 23 @ 3:54 pm
I couldn't get the remote to connect, either on my iPhone or my iPad.

It just sat there waiting. I tried opening VDJ then the remote, and the other way around.

Tried again just now and it works.

Posté Thu 09 Nov 23 @ 4:22 pm
Hi guys,

I would love to see a skin on the virtual DJ remote app that "extends" the software not just a duplicate while away from the main computer. I am a disabled user, and I cannot use my hands to mix, meaning, that I rely only on software and a head mouse. I have an iPad mini and a MacBook Pro, and with both I can extend my screen in which I have a modified keyboard with customized buttons that have scripted actions placed on the iPad. This works really good, however, it would be a lot better if I can split the software between the two screens and have, say, samplers and fx on the iPad and the rest on the MacBook. Is this customization possible?

Posté Fri 10 Nov 23 @ 1:44 pm