Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Crack noise with Gen13 i7 CPU
bubblebPRO InfinityMember since 2013
About 7-8 seconds after the song loads, and randomly during playback, I get a petit or crackling noise on it.
The random noise rides no matter if I set STEMS to Disable, buffer to 128 or 512, or WASAPI mode.
When I used ThinkPad X390 (CPU: i5 8265U), there was no noise.
Now, after using ThinkPad X13 Gen4 (CPU: i7 1365U), the noise is getting on.

In Windows 11 settings, I have turned off all items related to power saving and USB suspend is also turned off.

The controller is RELOOP READY and the audio interface is AUDIENT iD4mkII.

Is this 13th generation i7 CPU incompatible with VirtualDJ?

Posté Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 6:05 pm
same thing here bro i just picked up a new lap top and im getting the same issue on my SRT 1000 and S11 these random crackling and popping sounds and unistalled VDJ and drivers and reinstalled them and also changed latency settings and turned off wifi and blue tooth everything its strange the new lap top is way better then the old one but its not giving me better sound lol

Posté Fri 08 Dec 23 @ 8:57 pm
I'm running windows 11, new laptop 2.2 GHz Intel Core i9 24-Core . I just noticed the same thing. Slight pops and I can usually only hear it when a song is not playing instruments, low vocals. Had this thing for 3 months and didn't hear this till now. I can hear is clearly when playing Daft Punk - One More Time during the vocal part. Just random light pops.

Have you figured anything out? I played with all the power settings and even tweaked the latency for my Pioneer S9 mixer

Posté Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 3:33 am
DJDannySRC wrote :
Have you figured anything out? I played with all the power settings and even tweaked the latency for my Pioneer S9 mixer

Basically only you can figure out why your laptop isn't letting VDJ use the resources it needs
There is not really a lot Atomix can do about it in VDJ, except try to help you fix your laptop by posting replies and guides. Remember that it doesn't really matter how crazy specs your laptop has, if the resources are being blocked by something else

So there is a LOT of different things for you to go through on your specific laptop. Here is a list of some of the regular ones:
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PC%20Optimize.html

But one thing I would certainly look into is known performance/latency issues with the Win11 22H2 update - that seems to be causing lots of problems. But I think most of them are fixable in the OS. You can try and look it up

(Actually I would - and have - switch back to a clean Win10 install, which doesn't have all the issues
But this is NOT an official recommendation. Win11 with all its major fault is indeed supported)

Posté Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 9:51 am
MellpotPRO InfinityMember since 2013

Posté Mon 12 Feb 24 @ 1:30 pm
RST75PRO InfinityMember since 2023
Cheers Mellpot! Waiting for a new laptop to come tomorrow and hopefully cure this clicking issue for me...if not I'll be following these videos!

Cheers mate

Mellpot wrote :
This worked its magic for me chaps in Win 11 latest build Vdj with brand spanking new laptop high spec.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81l__vvGnjA

Also this is a long watch but well worth it just remember back up your settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbXzM60ad8I

Posté Tue 13 Feb 24 @ 3:16 pm
Hmmmm, I'd suggest that it's not a good idea to be permanently disabling security software on your OS - especially before going and downloading various "enhancement" apps that claim to be removing bloat etc.

You could end up a lot worse off than just having latency.

Posté Tue 13 Feb 24 @ 3:53 pm
RST75PRO InfinityMember since 2023
I can live with that if there's a no clicks 😂

Only kidding, it's a fair point mate. Msybe worth a go if not connected to the web just to see if it does solve the issue. Then maybe try a 3rd party antivirus

groovindj wrote :
Hmmmm, I'd suggest that it's not a good idea to be permanently disabling security software on your OS - especially before going and downloading various "enhancement" apps that claim to be removing bloat etc.

You could end up a lot worse off than just having latency.

Posté Tue 13 Feb 24 @ 6:00 pm