Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet PHASE HID - Support in VirtualDJ - Page: 5
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
This is very great news indeed 🍺 - kudos to the team for getting this done so quickly (another reason to give thanks this weekend).

However, I've noticed one major issue and two minor issues specific to the Phase HID usage (at least on my end) when using b7816 (M1 MacBook Pro, 2020, 16 GB RAM):

• (Major Issue) There is serious drift in the tracking of remotes when I use them on my turntables (Reloop RP7000 MK2s). The pitch readout on the skin is saying they are matched, and they may start matched, but the eventually go out of time very quickly, especially if I do any manipulations of the record. It is drift because:
    - I've tried it with the same track, and the pitch reset on for each deck, using the remotes (which should make both tables spin at the original BPM of the song)
    - I did the same thing with regular VirtualDJ vinyl records and they are much better matched (respecting the pitch readout on the table to within 1 decimal place)
  • (Minor Issue) PHASE-LedMode does not have an option to respect the remote LED color that is chosen in the Phase MWM Manager itself - it always overrides with the default colours listed in the hardware page
  • (Minor Issue) There should still be an option to still use the regular RCA mode with Phase
    It was unclear to me from modifications to the manual, if that was still possible, and some people do prefer the original DVS Timecode signal reproduction behaviour.

I just came from Serato and just got VDJ installed today, and I agree there is some serious drift with HID mode. I also tested this against the ignore option for Phase in VDJ and everything was fine. Not only is there a drift. There is a rather large delay on how long it takes the pitch to react. Don't work too hard on it though, I might end up going back to my Ortofons. This is setup using the default options in Phase Manager (which is Serato)

Posté Sat 23 Dec 23 @ 7:44 am
FYI: Phase is planning to finally re-release the new update and firmware (version 2.4.2/firmware 8) next week according to their official Facebook Page.

Posté Sun 24 Dec 23 @ 10:56 pm
Looks like Phase still hasnt released their new version so this wont work as HID yet.

Posté Thu 15 Feb 24 @ 1:35 pm
Ok so it’s been about a week since I’ve used Phase.

Connected my DJM 450 and set the utility to LINE.

Open the Phase manager and calibrate the sticks.

Open VDJ and set my timecodes to PHASE.

As soon as I load up a track and press play on my turntable the it sounds like it’s playing double the speed!! I can not for the life of me figure it??

Any suggestions??

Posté Sun 18 Feb 24 @ 6:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What is the firmware version of your Phase ?
If HID is available, then the Phase needs to be ignored from Controllers

Posté Sun 18 Feb 24 @ 7:37 pm

Posté Sun 18 Feb 24 @ 9:46 pm
Good morning

I just purchased a Reloop Elite Deux Reloop RP 7000 and the Phase DJ
When I configure my Reloop Elite sound card for DVS, and when I try to configure the phase signal I am told that the phase is not playing. I followed the instructions on the virtualdj site for configuring the mixer, the phases are well configured and calibrated, the RCA audio cables are properly connected.

phase manager 2.3.2 firmware 7

Can you help me please ?

Posté Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 5:59 am
Just so you know, this post is about technical issues when using Phase via HID, but your post is a question about a technical problem with using Phase via DVS (a different issue).
In future you should create a new post for your issue.

If all of this is done (scopes show success) and it still doesn't play, check that the decks are in vinyl mode, timecode is active for the decks, and the decks are playing (sometimes I found I had to press play for it to register).

With that said, there are a few things you need to get it setup via DVS has already been addressed earlier in this post, but the following is probably the summary you need to get it working

• Ensure you have plugged the RCAs into the line inputs and set the Reloop Elite to reaf from the Line Input
  • The most recent stable release expects to use Phase via HID, but unfortunately, that requires Phase Manager and Remote firmware versions higher than what you have and what is currently available publicly from their website.

To switch VirtualDJ to use it via DVS (as described in its manual here, you'll have to ignore it in the list of controllers, then you have to go to the timecode tab and manually select Phase as the timecode type. Calibration + playback/manipulation should work from that point.

Posté Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 6:47 am
ok thanks for the instructions

Posté Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 9:04 am
They've finally released the update to allow HID usage with VirtualDJ (Phase MWM v2.4.5, Firmware v9)

From quick initial trials, it seems to run fine, but would probably need to put it through some more detailed paces to be sure 🍺

Posté Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 2:48 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
They've finally released the update to allow HID usage with VirtualDJ (Phase MWM v2.4.5, Firmware v9)

From quick initial trials, it seems to run fine, but would probably need to put it through some more detailed paces to be sure 🍺

I saw the announcement also. I'm waiting for others to test it out fully before I upgrade. :)

Posté Fri 15 Mar 24 @ 12:43 pm
So after doing a more detailed check (Phase v2.4.5, firmware v9, VirtualDJ v2023 b7921), I think there is a problem...the original drift on a drop after scratching has returned (just slightly thought), when decks are beatmatched using the skin value - it's almost like there is some slight unnecessary pitch bend correction going upwards which make s drop on time eventually go slightly out of sync. This happens even with proper phase remote calibration, and regsrdless of whether Master Tempo is on or not.
The problem does not happen if you drop from a cue point...the decks stay synced in that case.

I've also noticed that:

• The skin BPM display when using Phase in DVS mode is now very jittery when using timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend, as compared to regular DVS vinyl.
  • If you have the Phase receiver setup for DVS signal output, you have the timecode selection as Phase in the Timecode tab, but you are using Phase in HID mode, the deck plays at 2× the speed
    I assume both the timecode processing and and the HID processing are happening,.

This might seem like a silly thing that could be avoided with checking configuration/disabling timecode processing, but during my trials it was easy enough to run into. Couldn't this be resolved automatically? I would think the HID processing should take precedence, given Phase is not ignored as a controller.

Posté Sat 16 Mar 24 @ 1:31 am
(I inadvertently quoted my post above so ignore this)

Posté Sat 16 Mar 24 @ 2:06 am
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
So after doing a more detailed check (Phase v2.4.5, firmware v9, VirtualDJ v2023 b7921), I think there is a problem...the original drift on a drop after scratching has returned (just slightly thought), when decks are beatmatched using the skin value - it's almost like there is some slight unnecessary pitch bend correction going upwards which make s drop on time eventually go slightly out of sync. This happens even with proper phase remote calibration, and regsrdless of whether Master Tempo is on or not.
The problem does not happen if you drop from a cue point...the decks stay synced in that case.

I've also noticed that:

• The skin BPM display when using Phase in DVS mode is now very jittery when using timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend, as compared to regular DVS vinyl.
  • If you have the Phase receiver setup for DVS signal output, you have the timecode selection as Phase in the Timecode tab, but you are using Phase in HID mode, the deck plays at 2× the speed
    I assume both the timecode processing and and the HID processing are happening,.

This might seem like a silly thing that could be avoided with checking configuration/disabling timecode processing, but during my trials it was easy enough to run into. Couldn't this be resolved automatically? I would think the HID processing should take precedence, given Phase is not ignored as a controller.

I face exactly the same problem mentioned.

Posté Sat 16 Mar 24 @ 7:46 pm
It happened after updating to V9 firmware. Even downgrading to V8 firmware the problem still persists.

Posté Sat 16 Mar 24 @ 7:49 pm
So my friends, is it safe to update yet or should I keep holding off??

Posté Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 2:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Since Phase has released firmware 9 now and everything can work in HID with VirtualDJ, do you think that supporting DVS is still needed ?
Dumping DVS would make it much simpler in setting things up.

Do you guys still use Phase in DVS mode in VirtualDJ or Serato ? And if you still do, why ?

PS. We are currently working on a new HID Mapping, to resolve all the reported issues

Posté Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 3:08 pm
djdad wrote :
Since Phase has released firmware 9 now and everything can work in HID with VirtualDJ, do you think that supporting DVS is still needed ?
Dumping DVS would make it much simpler in setting things up.

Do you guys still use Phase in DVS mode in VirtualDJ or Serato ? And if you still do, why ?

PS. We are currently working on a new HID Mapping, to resolve all the reported issues

I wouldn't like to use the DVS mode, but unfortunately the HID mode simply doesn't work correctly in Virtual DJ and I hope the problems are resolved so that we can finally use it. As Serato mentioned, I at least didn't say I was using DVS mode, since HID mode works perfectly.
What is the forecast for this new mapping?

Posté Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 5:40 pm
djdad wrote :

I know persons who swear by the DVS mode over HID in Serato, even if it's honestly in their mind. Look at the PLX CRSS12...Pioneer deliberately didn't include HID in the initial release of the product and included DVS...that alone should be an indicator of the feeling they got from the turntablism community.
I personally would use HID once the bugs are fixed, but I would love to know DVS is there for the backup.

As of right now, VirtualDJ's implementation of HID with phase still has bugs that you are working on, so there is no precendent of reliability set yet.
I think removal of the DVS mode for Phase would not only be a mistake, but also could potentially be a regression, since up to the current stable releases it is the only mode guaranteed to work (and it does work well, tried and true over the test of time).

djdad wrote :

Thank you for working on this 🍺

Posté Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 6:46 pm
Just to add, for a few Serato users that are turntablists, it's believed that the HID implementation is not as good as the DVS implementation - they state that they actually get more drift when using Rane Twelves in HID mode or Phase in HID mode compared to their DVS modes.

In theoey however, HID should be just as good if not better - you guys can prove it with VirtualDJ.

Posté Wed 20 Mar 24 @ 1:56 pm
49%