Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet PHASE HID - Support in VirtualDJ - Page: 6
Here's a good test showing that.

Do not get rid of DVS mode, let us decide what we want to use.......

Granted this is all with SDJ but I feel like the results with VDJ shouldn't be any different,

Posté Wed 20 Mar 24 @ 2:45 pm
Those are interesting but understandable comparisons and does show that HID mode with Phase should be slightly better than DVS mode. The rest of the latency probably comes from the wireless communication itself between the remotes and receiver + processing/transmission.
The drift ppl are experiencing is not directly explained here - maybe it's the result of missed movement processing within the added latency period? Would be good to see an updated analysis with the new version and firmware (they claimed to make it "tighter" in response).

Another good comparison would be to look at the HID and DVS implementations of the Rane Twelve MK2. Provided the firmware handling of the protocol is decent enough, it should in theory show one of the best performances for HID (no radio protocol communication, etc to decipher first), whereas the DVS Behaviour should be pretty much the same as using a DVS record with a traditional turntable, in terms of performance.
I don't think phase in HID mode will ever be as performant as a wired HID connection..but the question is can it be good enough performance wise to not be noticeable in all turntablist applications?

Posté Wed 20 Mar 24 @ 3:18 pm
djdad wrote :

Do you guys still use Phase in DVS mode in VirtualDJ or Serato ? And if you still do, why ?

In Serato, I use it in HID. In VDJ, I use it in DVS mode because of the issues but knowing they are being worked on, I'll try HID mode once an update comes out.

Posté Thu 21 Mar 24 @ 12:26 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which issue do you have exactly with HID mode currently?

Posté Thu 21 Mar 24 @ 6:01 pm
hi, I need to understand something about the new phase with HID connection.
since I've been using phase in hid mode I've noticed a problem which consists in the fact that I use a setup with only one turntable from which I control deck 1 and then duplicate with instant double.
When using phase in timecode mode I could use both phase remote A and B to control deck 2. in fact it was enough to change the remote control input from the virtual dj settings. Now in HID mode I don't understand how to do this.
For example: if I am using phase remote control B on deck 2 during the evening and the battery runs out, I need to put it to charge. How can I use Phase remote A on deck 2?

Posté Tue 26 Mar 24 @ 10:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The new VirtualDJ 2024 is also bringing some Mapping improvements for Phase.
Mostly some led fixes after MWM suggestions and an easy way to switch between HID, DVS and Disable.
You will need to open VirtualDJ 2024 twice so that the Controllers get silently updated. At the end you need Build 8055.2052 (you can check that in VDJ Settings->LICENSES tab, loop at the very bottom line)

The Phase settings are in the known place VirtualDJ ->Settings->OPTIONS->Controller category

Make sure you use the "factory" Mapping and your Phase is at least on latest firmware 9.

If you still have any kind of issues, please provide an explanatory report/description here along with ..
- your Phase firmware version.
- which mode (DVS, HID)
- OS (windows, Mac)
- your Audio setup
- your Turntable model
Any video or audio recording showing the problem is welcomed.

Posté Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 10:49 pm
I'm sorry @djdad but b8055.2052 still has a drifting problem on drops after scratching for me, which makes it almost unusable for scratching in mixes.

It doesn't drift if you hit cue points to mix, but it drifts slowly once you drop after a scratch, like there is some sort of lingering smoothing function on the tempo (I don't get this with DVS). The drift is bad enough to even make a delayed drop eventually catch up and then surpass the already playing deck, for both decks playing the same song at supposedly the same tempo (beat effort = quartz lock on the Turntables). I'll try to make a video tomorrow to show the problem.

My setup info:
- M1 MacBook Pro, 16 GB RAM
- Phase MWM v2.4.5, Receiver and remotes all on v9 of the firmware
- HID mode has the problem (DVS mode is fine)
- I'm using 2×Reloop RP 7000 MK2s

Posté Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 4:09 am
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
I'm sorry @djdad but b8055.2052 still has a drifting problem on drops after scratching for me, which makes it almost unusable for scratching in mixes.

It doesn't drift if you hit cue points to mix, but it drifts slowly once you drop after a scratch, like there is some sort of lingering smoothing function on the tempo (I don't get this with DVS). The drift is bad enough to even make a delayed drop eventually catch up and then surpass the already playing deck, for both decks playing the same song at supposedly the same tempo (beat effort = quartz lock on the Turntables). I'll try to make a video tomorrow to show the problem.

My setup info:
- M1 MacBook Pro, 16 GB RAM
- Phase MWM v2.4.5, Receiver and remotes all on v9 of the firmware
- HID mode has the problem (DVS mode is fine)
- I'm using 2×Reloop RP 7000 MK2s

Same problem here. HID seems broken. DVS with Phase is workin.

Posté Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 8:08 am
Couple of issues and it could be user error but here's what I'm having an issue with:

1. When Phase is in HID mode, I lose all keyboard shortcuts, meaning the keyboard doesnt work at all. When I tell VDJ to ignore Phase in the controller tab and make it DVS, keyboard shortcuts are restored.

2. In HID mode, if vinyl mode is on, the sound speeds up by 2x or 3x times and sounds like chipmunks. When I turn it back off, it's fine. This happens if it's on Phase in the Time Code tab.

3. If I make it Auto Detect, it stays on Internal Mode and I'm not able to switch between Vinyl Mode and Internal.

4. I like to switch between Internal Mode and Vinyl Mode sometimes. It would be nice if in Internal Mode, the Phase remote were not responsive like you can in DVS mode.

5. In HID mode, I keep constantly getting Time Code Signal Lost pop ups and it asks if I want to calibrate.

---------------
Win 10 (everything is updated)
Reloop RP-8000 Turntables
Reloop Elite Mixer
Asus gaming laptop
Latest version of VDJ with Early Acces turned on
Latest version of MWM and remotes are updated

Posté Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 1:06 pm
@VIZIONZ5
You dont need to ignore the HID device any more to get the DVS mode. Please read .. https://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/other/phase/settings.html

If you still get those issues as above, please make sure your VirtualDJ Build is 8055.2052 (check at the bottom of the LICENSES tab)
If not .2052, then make sure your computer is connected to the Internet and restart VirtualDj

Posté Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 1:56 pm
visionz5 wrote :

1. When Phase is in HID mode, I lose all keyboard shortcuts, meaning the keyboard doesnt work at all. When I tell VDJ to ignore Phase in the controller tab and make it DVS, keyboard shortcuts are restored.

This sounds like a mapper problem...I don't seem to have that problem but I'll check again later.

visionz5 wrote :

2. In HID mode, if vinyl mode is on, the sound speeds up by 2x or 3x times and sounds like chipmunks. When I turn it back off, it's fine. This happens if it's on Phase in the Time Code tab.

I had reported this on earlier versions of EA too. It's most likely because DVS and HID processing are being done for each phase remote. They should really apply a precedence to resolve this.

visionz5 wrote :

3. If I make it Auto Detect, it stays on Internal Mode and I'm not able to switch between Vinyl Mode and Internal.

4. I like to switch between Internal Mode and Vinyl Mode sometimes. It would be nice if in Internal Mode, the Phase remote were not responsive like you can in DVS mode.

Autodetect and Timecode modes are only really relevant for DVS (and Phase in DVS mode). In HID mode, Phase is acting as a controller for the software. In HID mode, you can switch each remote off (stopping its control of the decks) by switch off vinyl mode on the deck it is controlling.

visionz5 wrote :

5. In HID mode, I keep constantly getting Time Code Signal Lost pop ups and it asks if I want to calibrate.

Remove Phase as the source of timecode signal in the Timecode tab. See the comments on the 2× speed point above.

Posté Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 1:57 pm
As per my previous reply, most likely he is not on xxxxx.2052 Build.

As for disabling Phase completely (aka going to "Internal" mode), i would not recommend to turn Vinyl mode off. The new settings offer the ability to "Disable" each Remote if you wish.

Posté Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 2:27 pm
djdad wrote :
The new VirtualDJ 2024 is also bringing some Mapping improvements for Phase.
Mostly some led fixes after MWM suggestions and an easy way to switch between HID, DVS and Disable.
You will need to open VirtualDJ 2024 twice so that the Controllers get silently updated. At the end you need Build 8055.2052 (you can check that in VDJ Settings->LICENSES tab, loop at the very bottom line)

The Phase settings are in the known place VirtualDJ ->Settings->OPTIONS->Controller category

Make sure you use the "factory" Mapping and your Phase is at least on latest firmware 9.

If you still have any kind of issues, please provide an explanatory report/description here along with ..
- your Phase firmware version.
- which mode (DVS, HID)
- OS (windows, Mac)
- your Audio setup
- your Turntable model
Any video or audio recording showing the problem is welcomed.

The problem remains. When trying to brake the disc, the beat grid advances on its own as if I were pushing the disc. Exactly as described previously.
Before the update to firmware V9 it didn't happen. It is impossible to use PHASE in HID mode.
To understand, just compare the use of pitch bend on the program screen with manipulating the vinyl.

Posté Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 11:29 pm
moysessena wrote :
The problem remains. When trying to brake the disc, the beat grid advances on its own as if I were pushing the disc. Exactly as described previously.

What is your setting TimecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend set to ?
If set to Yes (default), i don't get any beatgrid advancing or anything similar when scratching/braking/releasing

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 11:45 am
@djdad with timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend=yes I do get slight drift after the drop of a scratch though. I haven't had time to do the video for it, but it's very pronounced after a few seconds...drops on time never stay on time.

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 12:55 pm
djdad wrote :
@VIZIONZ5
You dont need to ignore the HID device any more to get the DVS mode. Please read .. https://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/other/phase/settings.html

If you still get those issues as above, please make sure your VirtualDJ Build is 8055.2052 (check at the bottom of the LICENSES tab)
If not .2052, then make sure your computer is connected to the Internet and restart VirtualDj

I'm on 2024.B8056 2052

All issues I mentioned above still remain.

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 1:26 pm
djdad wrote :
As per my previous reply, most likely he is not on xxxxx.2052 Build.

As for disabling Phase completely (aka going to "Internal" mode), i would not recommend to turn Vinyl mode off. The new settings offer the ability to "Disable" each Remote if you wish.

Is there a mapping I can assign to a button to disable and enable them? That would kind of be like switching between Internal mode and Phase remotes.

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 1:34 pm
Guys, since i cant reproduce any of the above, could you please make some video when you can, showing and explaining what exactly is happening ?

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 1:37 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
visionz5 wrote :

This sounds like a mapper problem...I don't seem to have that problem but I'll check again later.

Double checked mappings. Everything is solid. Everything works perfectly fine when in DVS mode but as soon as I switch to HID, I lose all control with the keyboard and shortcuts.

visionz5 wrote :

I had reported this on earlier versions of EA too. It's most likely because DVS and HID processing are being done for each phase remote. They should really apply a precedence to resolve this.[/quote]

Hoping this gets fixed because it's a really bad bug.

visionz5 wrote :

Autodetect and Timecode modes are only really relevant for DVS (and Phase in DVS mode). In HID mode, Phase is acting as a controller for the software. In HID mode, you can switch each remote off (stopping its control of the decks) by switch off vinyl mode on the deck it is controlling.[/quote]

I'm hoping there is a mapping to switch between disabling and enabling because then I can just map buttons to make it act like it's toggling between Internal mode and Phase remotes.

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 1:37 pm
djdad wrote :
Guys, since i cant reproduce any of the above, could you please make some video when you can, showing and explaining what exactly is happening ?

Give me a couple of min. I did a video and I'm uploading it to my Google Drive. I'll send you a direct message with it.

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 1:46 pm
58%