Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Beat Grid
WahlossPRO InfinityMember since 2017
I think it is time to move "re-analyze (multiple bpm)" to the front of the class and make it a default instead of an option hidden away at the bottom of a menu list for the few who actually knows of its existence. I say few because I recently came across djs who never knew it existed, and question why it's an option when its purpose is to perfect (or as close as possible to ) the beat grid. I agree... Isn't that the aim?

Posté Wed 13 Dec 23 @ 12:28 pm
Unfortunately this option is not for tracks that have a fluid or uneven tempo.

Posté Wed 13 Dec 23 @ 2:44 pm
I agree it should be a more prominent option, because when you really need it, you'll be glad it's available.

But I wouldn't want it to be default, as it makes more mistakes than the regular bpm detection. It adds unnecessary bpm markers at the same tempo, or with a 0.1 bpm difference, and often times those subsequent markers miss the downbeat and screw up the grid later in the song.

But it's becoming quite popular, especially in hip-hop, for tracks to change tempo midway through the record now. It's always been a thing, but now we're seeing a lot of songs that do that (especially by Drake, Future, 21 Savage, etc) enter the top 20 charts in various formats. Transition records are also a thing. It could be helpful for the multiple bpm option to be in the right-click context menu or something.

Posté Thu 14 Dec 23 @ 8:33 pm
One could always create either, a custom, skin or controller, button with script:
holding ? browsed_file_analyze multi : nothing

(for browsed track)

OR
holding ? reanalyze multi : nothing 

(for loaded track, per deck)

the holding is added, to ensure it is reanalyzed only when intended.
(currently no per track "LOCK" to stop an analysis removing manually created beat anchors)

Posté Fri 15 Dec 23 @ 4:31 am