Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Flagnger Sound DDJ FLX10 vs DDJ-1000SRT
cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi everyone,

for now a while I own an DDJ FLX10 and also the older DDJ-1000SRT.
I know, that the older 1000 has build in Pioneer FX, Beat and Color FX, the FLX10 has no more build in FX so it triggers the Software.

The function is given in all ways and works really fine with VDJ, but the sound of the Flanger in VDJ is, compared to my old 1000SRT, very very flat.

I've tried to change the Flanger FX settings in VDJ but didn't get a result that comes in any direction of the Pioneer sound.

Regarding to that, there was an old topic here, but there was no solution for that.
https://virtualdj.com/forums/238595/General_Discussion/Flanger_effect_pioneer_djm__style_.html?search=flanger%20effect%20pioneer&page=1

Are there any recommended settings for the VDJ Flanger FX to get to the Pioneer sound`?
Or can anyone recommend an external FX / VST to implent?

Posté Sun 14 Jan 24 @ 1:44 pm

Posté Sun 14 Jan 24 @ 3:05 pm
cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Thanks for your input.

I've tried a couple of Flanger effects of this site, some links of this article were outdatedet but google does the job to find them ;)

For me the DD (Dead Duck) Flanger does a pretty good job und the interface i easy to use, also the TAL Flanger.

At this point for me it's not usable in live situations, because i cannot map it nativeliy to the effect knobs on the DDJ-FLX10, maybe yes i can activate it but to map a ceratin knob of the VST effect as depth or ratio it doesnt offer the right knobs on the visual interface.

So what we/I would need is a effect with full control in VDJ script.

Edit: as always someone had the same idea before, I'll try to deep dive in this topic for any solution. If theres anyone here who might can help, I'll really appreciate it!
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/231449/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Mapping_VST_params_to_VDJ_UI.html

Posté Mon 15 Jan 24 @ 7:08 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posté Mon 15 Jan 24 @ 10:10 am
WhY in STEMS EFX ....the voice echo pad doesn't work on my Pioneer flex 10 but works on my Pioneer sr2

Posté Mon 15 Jan 24 @ 9:49 pm