Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Serato Cue Points not visible
Brand new gaming Windows laptop, latest buit of Serato DJ Pro and Virtual DJ free (v 2023 b7831)

As I'm trying to transfer from Serato DJ Pro to Virtual DJ, I have noticed that I can't quite transfer my Serato hotcues to Virtual DJ. I have already spent countless hours on trying to load songs (mp3) with Serato hotcues from Virtual DJ library browser and these my findings:
1. If I load my files from their location on (C:) using Local Music\Music, the hotcues are NOT visible.
2. If I load my files from their location on (C:) using Local Music\Drives(C:), the hotcues are NOT visible.
3. If I load my files from their location on USB Drive using Local Music\Music, the hotcues are NOT visible.
4. If I load my files from their location on USB Drive using Local Music\Drives(C:) the hotcues are VISIBLE and work as expected.
5. If I import with MIXO the Serato DJ library and export it to Virtual DJ and load the files from their location on (C:) using Local Music\Drives(C:), the hotcues are NOT visible either.

So the only time I can use my serato hotcues is when my songs are on external drive and accessed via Music\Drives/... Is that a normal behavior??

I'd like to add that in each case my serato hotcues are visible in database.xml as a list of Poi: with the names I originally assigned. I made sure in each case the Virtual DJ reads newly created database.xml files. My getCuesFromTags is set to "for new files" and all Options are set to default.

It looks to me that Virtual DJ has problem reading its own database.xml, whether self-made, or produced by MIXO export. (Is Windows blocking the access?..)

Any thoughts or advice? What is the proper way to load songs so my hotcues are accessible?
I want to make sure I can recycle my hotcues before dropping $299 on new software. Thanks!

Posté Sun 14 Jan 24 @ 8:22 pm
have you tried

GetCuesFromTags - > always

its in options under tags section

you will have to select files - right click - reload tags

if it works set to new files afterwards

Posté Sun 14 Jan 24 @ 10:20 pm