Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet deck functionality on the software
you could put in the next version or update the manageability of the deck commands as in version 7.0 and above, precisely the complete stop command for the music as well as play and pause why because it was perfect in that function because without this function you realistically lose the professionalism and feeling of being the DJ

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 12:47 am
More precise description needed
There a several play and stop options in the current VDJ, so what are you missing?

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 6:59 am
the possibility of completely stopping the music and returning to the beginning. starting from the beginning if there is something that doesn't convince you has always been the right thing to improve your work and to listen better to the piece that doesn't convince you. it's not because you take steps you have to erase the main or fundamental bases because otherwise you would find yourself in difficulty when needed. I'm old school and certain basic functions, however stupid, are fundamental

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 1:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
With the defaults, pressing 'CUE' will stop the music and go back to the cue point, which sounds like what you want?

But if you want it differently, you can click the cog next to the buttons and select a different button behavior.

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 1:14 pm
I know this and it is a good alternative but I am referring to the possibility of going back to the beginning without necessarily having to put the cue or other alternatives and as if I bought a CDJ and instead of having the stop button for any definitive stops of the music or for simply checking the first few seconds doesn't find it just because you think that the cue solves the problem but instead it doesn't change anything. they are basic things that, even if there is modernity and advanced technology, must never be forgotten and removed from history and its use.

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 1:27 pm
Quote :
But if you want it differently, you can click the cog next to the buttons and select a different button behavior.

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 1:36 pm
I have the impression that this desire to be heard and seen in order to become professionals or have the possibility of earning money without doing anything takes away people's ability to understand the most sensible and basic things about life and the programs they invent. I'm trying to make it clear that it doesn't matter if you update it with increasingly up-to-date, intuitive features that simplify things. I'm saying that certain features that are basic in the programming and primary function of any tool should never be removed because otherwise they will be removed. the most obvious one and leave the one that not only serves no purpose but is meaningless. the stop button must always be present in all programs and equipment, including digital ones, that are built.

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 1:55 pm
to make those who are convinced they have understood the speeches better understand and then make bullshit speeches. If I buy a normal PC or notebook and would it be the same to be able to completely turn off the PC and leave it on but only turn off the monitor? I can put it on standby but it still stays on even if it wastes less energy. this is what I want to make clear: I must have the right to choose what to do, commands must not be taken away from me just because some people think they are obsolete when they are equally important even if they are not used continuously. if you don't understand it like this then you really haven't understood anything from life.

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 2:10 pm
The use of two buttons (cue and play/pause) has been industry standard for decades.

The vast majority of DJ equipment, going back a long way, has the same configuration.

DJs generally are used to this and have no problem using this layout.

Typically, when you load a track, it is stopped until you press play. Once playing, you can hit pause to stop playback. DJs usually play a track once and have no need to return to the beginning once played.

The word stop does not mean "return to the beginning". If someone was travelling in a car from A to B and during the journey, stopped the car.........they would not return to point A. They would just stop.

However, the stop function is still included in VDJ and can be enabled via script on a custom button for example. You may also find some very old skins that include a stop button.

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 2:40 pm
this is right for those who think they are intellectual and have understood everything about life while they don't even remember what they get up for in the morning. the stop and it is clear that if I compare it to the route I take while travelling, it does not change the situation because to go back I would have to travel the same kilometers that I did to be at that point to return to the starting point again. I'll give you this example, read carefully and think carefully before spouting bullshit theories, i.e. what if I buy a car that only has automatic and electronic ignition and the same thing as the one that works including the classic key? definitely not because the automatic ignition whether through a button or a voice command could also fail due to a simple and banal electronic or button malfunction which could also derive from a false contact, while the classic key if you don't force it or don't use it breaks in its ignition or opening mechanism will always open your car and will always start your car. then if bad luck makes you break the key because maybe you are also stressed or nervous for having been late or because you don't want to see a person at that precise moment inside the mechanism that turns on both the electrical panel and the immediate The ignition is your business because you forced the key into the mechanism... until you get there, do I have to explain everything to you as if we were in primary school?

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 3:06 pm
so as I said the stop button has become obsolete and if I want to use it you have to edit it in the program instead of being inclusive among the classic operations and main keys of the program. so it's as if instead of signing up for example for a dance course that I know about salsa or capoeira I go not only to dance but also teach without having the basics of an instructor. good guys, let's carry on like this so that not only do we look like shit but we make ourselves look ridiculous because people are convinced that they have understood everything from life.

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 3:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Pro and Performance skin both have a stop button, if a cue point hasn't been set the cue button works as a stop button, if a cue has been set then it goes to the cue as you would want.

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 3:31 pm
listen groovindj if you read what is written in the demonstration photo you sent me you will see that it is not the definitive stop but it is a pause like the play and pause that is in the deck or which acts as the cue not from the normal and very banal classic stop button and action. Read carefully before sending

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 3:32 pm

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 3:35 pm
perhaps in the version with the purchased license because the free version doesn't have the stop button. ooooooh thank you locodog it took so long to say it and show me this box for those who are used to the classic configuration style. as I wrote, you see how you risk making yourself look like shit and being taken for stupid just by spouting theories and not knowing things as they should be. Thank you for solving the problem I encountered.I'm sorry if I reply from the previous message and which no longer gives me the ability to send other messages, whether reply or otherwise.

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 3:41 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

looks like a stop button to me and note I logged out to prove it.
Licence level isn't a factor, everybody has the same default skins.
Now be a good chap, put the green crayon away and read the guides published, it'll save embarrassment all round.

Posté Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 3:55 pm