Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Automatic Cue points
Shrek17PRO InfinityMember since 2019
Is there any way for Virtual Dj to set automatic cue points like Mix in Key

Posté Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 10:45 pm
like you can do in " Mixed in key" software

Posté Sat 02 Mar 24 @ 12:17 am
It already does and has done for years. They are called remix points and are created when a file is analysed for BPM, etc. They are in the drop-down menu where your Hotcues are normally displayed (along with many other facilities you didn't know you needed 😊).

From the user manual 🧐

Posté Sat 02 Mar 24 @ 11:10 am
djles.co.uk wrote :
It already does and has done for years. They are called remix points and are created when a file is analysed for BPM, etc. They are in the drop-down menu where your Hotcues are normally displayed (along with many other facilities you didn't know you needed 😊).

From the user manual 🧐

Oh my gosh! thank you. I have being using this software since 2019. I'm the dumbest DJ around for sure. Thanks!

Posté Sat 02 Mar 24 @ 1:49 pm
No, you're not dumb. There are a lot of users who don't know about this. That pull-down menu is loaded with various things that even I forget about, and I have been using VDJ for 17 years! Some are built-in, and some are downloaded from Settings/Extensions. Check out some of the other available things 😉

Posté Sat 02 Mar 24 @ 5:25 pm
I tried that but it didnt really provide a benefit. The mix points were strange.

Posté Sun 03 Mar 24 @ 5:52 pm
Mixed In Key doesn't do a great job either. They're quite random.

Posté Sun 03 Mar 24 @ 5:58 pm
To be honest, I never use these cue points, I just knew they existed. I have been using MiK since 2006/2007 before harmonic mixing was introduced into VDJ. I also have their cue points, but I only use them to preview a tune and skip forward or backwards.

Posté Sun 03 Mar 24 @ 7:46 pm
g.crqPRO InfinityMember since 2021
Hi hi - thank you for this !!

my question .. would there be a way to have selected remixpoints made visible for multiple tracks? E.g. the "First Beat" and make it visible as red cue point on CUE6?

Posté Mon 19 Aug 24 @ 12:12 pm