Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet History not showing after fresh OS
Installed a fresh OS (to Sonoma 14.4.1) and saved my VDJ documents folder before I did. Upon installing VDJ i put the old documents folder back in documents and now when I open VDJ all my playlists and whatnot are there, but the history isn't showing. If i look in my documents/VirtualDJ/history folder, all my history is actually right there. Tried doing a fresh install and opening up VDJ for the 1st time withOUT the old VDJ folder in my documents folder, hoping that VDJ would just create a new folder. It, in fact, did not create one. Something I'm missing here?

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 3:51 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
new installs use /APPdata/.... folder,
in settings bottom right corner there's a gear icon, click it, it will take you to vdj's home folder.

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 4:02 am
like locodog said above.

Years ago, VirtualDJ used to store all its data in Documents/VirtualDJ, but nowadays Apple's guidelines says application data should be stored in the Library/VirtualDJ folder.
So, when you install virtualdj, if it sees a virtualdj database in the Documents folder, it will use Documents, in order to be backward compatible with old installs.
But if it doesn't, it thinks it's a fresh install, and starts to use Library as per Apple's guidelines.

Since the Library folder is hidden by default to users, the easiest way to open it, is to run VirtualDJ, open the settings and go to the Options tab, and then click on the small gear in the lower right corner. That will open the folder where VirtualDJ actually stores its data.

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 7:53 am
Got it! Thanks....sorry, I should have scoured the forum first...i'm sure this has already been said multiple times. I rarely mess with my VDJ and was so used to it being in Documents for years! appreciate the help.

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 11:11 am