Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet cross_assign Mixon 8 Pro
Hello everyone.
I just bought a mixon 8 pro and I have a major problem.
This comes from the crossfader assignment with switches A thru B
I specify that I did not modify anything on the mapping.
Basically when the switch is on A on decks 1 and 3 the crossfader does not work and when the switch is on B it works
The same phenomenon occurs on all decks, basically all decks are assigned to switch B
I looked for a script to correctly assign the switches to each position but nothing,,,,,I fail.
As a result, my crossfader is unusable.
Thank you for your help :)

Posté Tue 16 Apr 24 @ 8:46 pm
The mapping for Mixon 8 Pro is correct in VDJ.

The question now is to determine if VDJ sees the midi, sent from the controller.

To Test:
1) switch the CrossFader Assign switches while watching the "Activity" panel.
One should see in your case:
CROSS_ASSIGN_LEFT . on
when any of the switches are in the left position.
If one does not see the above, possible causes are: A, B, or C

2) test with either serato or djPro. for similiar behavior.
If it works with say Serato, then most likely causes are: B, or C

3) could test midi output with say an app such as Midi-Ox, to check midi
if midi output is changed correctly when switched to Left, then most likely cause is: C

--------------
Possible causes:
A) issue could be caused by controller hardware.. ( unlikely that all 4 switches are not working_

B) could be caused by the controllers firmware. (the manufactures website has RED highlighted..
Recommended Firmware Update Available)
https://www.reloop.com/reloop-mixon-8-pro

C) could be caused by the VDJ definition, that needs a tweak

---------------

Again the Mapping is correct, just needs the correct midi signal to initiate the map script.

Update with your findings.

PS
if I had to make a guess.. my bet would be on the Firmware..... that the Firmware Update will solve the issue.

Posté Wed 17 Apr 24 @ 4:09 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Couple more questions..
When you move the Channel Volume Faders, do they follow the 3-1-2-4 Deck order as on the skin ?
In VDJ Settings->Controller tab (the view on your image above), is the Mixon 8 assigned to default Decks (Automatic) 1,2,3,4 ?

Also use the Pro Layout and enable the Crossfader Assign buttons from Nr.12 menu, https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/mixer/audio.html#4deck then see if the CF A THRU B switches on your Mixon 8 are performing the correct functions and match with the buttons (13) you see on the skin

Posté Wed 17 Apr 24 @ 12:38 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
The mapping for Mixon 8 Pro is correct in VDJ.

The question now is to determine if VDJ sees the midi, sent from the controller.

To Test:
1) switch the CrossFader Assign switches while watching the "Activity" panel.
One should see in your case:
CROSS_ASSIGN_LEFT . on
when any of the switches are in the left position.
If one does not see the above, possible causes are: A, B, or C

2) test with either serato or djPro. for similiar behavior.
If it works with say Serato, then most likely causes are: B, or C

3) could test midi output with say an app such as Midi-Ox, to check midi
if midi output is changed correctly when switched to Left, then most likely cause is: C

--------------
Possible causes:
A) issue could be caused by controller hardware.. ( unlikely that all 4 switches are not working_

B) could be caused by the controllers firmware. (the manufactures website has RED highlighted..
Recommended Firmware Update Available)
https://www.reloop.com/reloop-mixon-8-pro

C) could be caused by the VDJ definition, that needs a tweak

---------------

Again the Mapping is correct, just needs the correct midi signal to initiate the map script.

Update with your findings.

PS
if I had to make a guess.. my bet would be on the Firmware..... that the Firmware Update will solve the issue.

hello IIDEEJAYII

TEST:

1) i switch the cross assign and i can read this:

cross_assign left off
cross_assign thru on
cross assign right on

2) In serato and djay pro everything work fine.

3) I do the test with Midi-Ox, left not working, i join a screen capture.

--------
POSSIBLE CAUSE:

A) I don't think it's come from the hardware, it's occur only in virtual.

B) Firmware is up to date with the last version (V50.39 Windows)

C) Like you said, virtual definition may have a problem and a tweak can resolve that>

Posté Wed 17 Apr 24 @ 4:46 pm
djdad wrote :
Couple more questions..
When you move the Channel Volume Faders, do they follow the 3-1-2-4 Deck order as on the skin ?
In VDJ Settings->Controller tab (the view on your image above), is the Mixon 8 assigned to default Decks (Automatic) 1,2,3,4 ?

Also use the Pro Layout and enable the Crossfader Assign buttons from Nr.12 menu, https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/mixer/audio.html#4deck then see if the CF A THRU B switches on your Mixon 8 are performing the correct functions and match with the buttons (13) you see on the skin

Hello DjDad.
The mapping is set to factory default, i've tried to change the deck order, problem still present.
I can set propelly the cross_assign in pro skin but manual and when i close and start virtual the problem still there, that not the idea to set each time manually the cross_assign ;)

I join screen capture :)

Posté Wed 17 Apr 24 @ 5:03 pm
Awesome diagnostics....

DjAkuAKu wrote :

cross_assign left off
cross_assign thru on
cross assign right on

--------
POSSIBLE CAUSE:

C) Like you said, virtual definition may have a problem and a tweak can resolve that>

The only inconsistent test result, (maybe I didn't understand) was you stated:

DjAkuAKu wrote :

There should be Midi output.. when you switch any of the switches to the Cross_Assign_Left, position.
(and it should be different then Cross_Assign_Right, and Cross_Assign_Thru)
Maybe label the awesome screenshot of your Midi-Ox results, showing additionally the position of the switch.

As this is the only inconsistent statement.. since it contradicts, (works well with Serato & djayPro, finding)

Otherwise your tests, points to the Definition needing a small tweak.

With all working with Serato and djayPro, AND the Mapper not showing an "ON" state for the CROSS_ASSIGN_LEFT key.

And will need the amazing VDJ Team to examine and confirm.

Posté Thu 18 Apr 24 @ 4:42 am
Additionally wanted to ask (not of importance, for the diagnosis of the issue) it seems you are wanting the crossfader to be in the "Hamster" mode is that correct?
(or do you have Hamster mode set and have cross_assigns set to compensate?)

DjAkuAKu wrote :

---------------------

and you suggest that:

DjAkuAKu wrote :
I can set propelly the cross_assign in pro skin but manual and when i close and start virtual the problem still there, that not the idea to set each time manually the cross_assign ;)

Again the issue will be resolved quickly to allow access to the Left Cross Assign, and even if it was/could not.. one could easily map the controller's ONINT to set each of the cross_assigns as you wish. No need to do it manually each time.

Posté Thu 18 Apr 24 @ 5:02 am
We will check here too. There could be something that was changed in latest firmware.

btw, do you recall if this started after the firmware update ?
have you kept the old firmware in your Drive ? If so, please try to install it and see if the problem is still there.

Posté Thu 18 Apr 24 @ 1:03 pm
And just to understand...
when you move the CF ASSIGN switches, you can properly set all mixer channels to RIGHT and THRU but not LEFT, correct ?

Posté Thu 18 Apr 24 @ 1:19 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Awesome diagnostics....

DjAkuAKu wrote :

cross_assign left off
cross_assign thru on
cross assign right on

--------
POSSIBLE CAUSE:

The only inconsistent test result, (maybe I didn't understand) was you stated:

DjAkuAKu wrote :

There should be Midi output.. when you switch any of the switches to the Cross_Assign_Left, position.
(and it should be different then Cross_Assign_Right, and Cross_Assign_Thru)
Maybe label the awesome screenshot of your Midi-Ox results, showing additionally the position of the switch.

As this is the only inconsistent statement.. since it contradicts, (works well with Serato & djayPro, finding)

Otherwise your tests, points to the Definition needing a small tweak.

With all working with Serato and djayPro, AND the Mapper not showing an "ON" state for the CROSS_ASSIGN_LEFT key.

And will need the amazing VDJ Team to examine and confirm.

Hello.
I've tried to get more fine results from midi-OX but l am not use to this software.
Maybe there's some others settings to get more results about switches positions?

So, i made an another test with serato and djay pro with midi-ox, i get the same results in the display output like in virtual but the cross_assign work well without any trouble in booth software. (i join a screen capture)

Sorry if i didn't explain well the first midi-ox test, this is only for virtual.
Like you said, all my tests points to problem of definition, i don't see an another explanation :)

Posté Fri 19 Apr 24 @ 5:44 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Additionally wanted to ask (not of importance, for the diagnosis of the issue) it seems you are wanting the crossfader to be in the "Hamster" mode is that correct?
(or do you have Hamster mode set and have cross_assigns set to compensate?)

DjAkuAKu wrote :

---------------------

and you suggest that:

DjAkuAKu wrote :

Again the issue will be resolved quickly to allow access to the Left Cross Assign, and even if it was/could not.. one could easily map the controller's ONINT to set each of the cross_assigns as you wish. No need to do it manually each time.

Hello.
I always djing with the "hamster" mode, this is correct. :)
About to set a ONINT to map correctly the cross_assign function, it could be resolve the problem....
But I'm not really sure how to set this function correctly, can help me to set that it will be great :)

Posté Fri 19 Apr 24 @ 5:52 pm
djdad wrote :
We will check here too. There could be something that was changed in latest firmware.

btw, do you recall if this started after the firmware update ?
have you kept the old firmware in your Drive ? If so, please try to install it and see if the problem is still there.

I experienced this problem since the beginning with the old firmware (V47.35) and with this controller it's not possible to rollback to the previous firmware. :)

Posté Fri 19 Apr 24 @ 5:56 pm
djdad wrote :
And just to understand...
when you move the CF ASSIGN switches, you can properly set all mixer channels to RIGHT and THRU but not LEFT, correct ?

You mean in virtual or in the others software?

PS: i just realize i post this thread in the wrong section of the forum..... my apologies.

Posté Fri 19 Apr 24 @ 5:57 pm
We identified the problem, we ll fix soon

Posté Fri 19 Apr 24 @ 8:37 pm
djdad wrote :
We identified the problem, we ll fix soon

Hello.
Thank a lot to all the development team :)

Posté Sat 20 Apr 24 @ 6:10 pm
It should be fixed now. Just open VirtualDJ (while your computer is connected to the internet) , wait for a few seconds and then restart (silent update).
To confirm the silent update, your Build should end at xxxx.2054 (see at the very bottom of the LICENSES tab)

Posté Sun 21 Apr 24 @ 12:25 pm
djdad wrote :
It should be fixed now. Just open VirtualDJ (while your computer is connected to the internet) , wait for a few seconds and then restart (silent update).
To confirm the silent update, your Build should end at xxxx.2054 (see at the very bottom of the LICENSES tab)

Hello DjDad.
Cross_assign work perfectly now without any trouble.
I'm so happy you resolved that problem.
Big UP to the team, you rock :)
Have a awesome day.

Posté Sun 21 Apr 24 @ 3:52 pm