Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Bizarre Stems Behavior with Presonus Atom
Hey friends!

So, I got a Presonus Atom MIDI controller...it was relatively inexpensive, and it did basically what I want to so: give me sixteen pad buttons to map to the sixteen pad controls within VDJ (8 left, 8 right), albeit requiring manual mapping to do. No biggie.

However, when I attempt to use it, stems get weird. it'll show me pressing the button mapped to 'vocal' such that it should give me an acapella, and the waveform changes to reflect this, but it doesn't change how the song actually sounds. Alternatively, I played one song that was vocals and drums only, even though I hadn't tapped any stem buttons, either on screen or on the Atom controller.

Now, the really confusing part is that this *only* happens when the Atom controller is connected. When it's disconnected, the traditional methods work just fine. Whether I use my mouse on the screen-based controls, or I use my mixer's MIDI knobs, it works normally, no issue. The same songs that were giving me different combinations of stems while it was connected, were fine thereafter.

I'm super confused...but I'm open to whatever experience or wisdom can be shared.

Posté Sun 25 Aug 24 @ 3:58 am