Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet DDJ-FLX10 and VirtualDJ Jog Wheel Speed Threshold
Hi Everyone,

I just started setting up my DDJ-FLX10 on MacOS and spotted some issue that cannot solve:

When I spin the side of the jog wheel slowly it does not move the waveform at all. I need to spin it with significant speed to see any reaction. It is opposite to touching the top of the jog wheel where even slow and minor movements are captured (both in Vinyl and CD mode).

I found one parameter in settings: touchWheelSpeedThreshold, which seems to be exactly this what defines that, but independent on this whether I set it up to 1 or 0 or anything between or even out of this range - I still face the same issue. I got a feeling that independent on this how I set up this parameter it does not change anything.

I played also with other jog parameters like JogSensitivity Scratch/Cue/Band etc. but with no success.

I have the latest Firmware Installed (v.1.12)

Currently I use Virtual DJ Free as this issue prevent me from purchase decision, however I assume that in Pro version it will work the same. Correct me if I am wrong.

In Recordbox I have no this issue, so it seems to be software, not hardware limitation. Is there a chance to fix it?

Regards,
Miłosz

Posté 6 days ago @ 3:32 pm

Posté 6 days ago @ 3:53 pm
Thanks for the quick answer, unfortunately the suggestions from the link that you shared refer to diffrent issue where jogs get stuck.

In our case jogs do not get stuck - they work, but ignore low speed rotation. There is like a threshold that you need exceed to get reaction in VDJ. It decreases jogs accuracy, cause it is hard to precisely move waveform. The only workaround is to rotate them using top side.

I would be grateful if anyone can share solution for that.

Posté 6 days ago @ 6:02 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
jogVibrationProtection is at 0 as well?

Posté 6 days ago @ 6:12 pm
Yes, as part of testing I changed it to 1, but then reverted back to 0 and restarted VDJ to save the changes.

Posté 6 days ago @ 6:37 pm
According to me parameter touchWheelSpeedThreshold does not change anything in terms detecting jogwheel movement in FLX10, so reading its description which is the following:

"Minimum speed jogwheel needs to have on release before backspin or forwardspin will be triggered"

I assume that it is bugged.

Can I report it somehow to developers or is this post sufficient or it is as it is and no chance to have we it fixed? :)

Posté 3 days ago @ 10:03 pm
Please note the post from djdad in the thread mentioned by kradcliffe:

djdad wrote :
There is a hardware vibration protection in MIDI protocol of the FLX10 (usedby VirtualDJ and Serato), which was causing this "dead" operation in slow jog movements.
In next update, VDJ will be using the HID mode for Jogs (used also in RB), so you wont get this issue.

EDIT. Actually we forced this change in current Early Access Build 8314. It's a silent update, so you need to restart your EA twice to get this. In the LICENSES tab, you should get Build 8314.2099

Posté 2 days ago @ 8:49 am
Works perfectly now.
Thanks everyone

Posté 2 days ago @ 9:04 am
Confirm. Works perfectly now. Thank you!

Posté 2 days ago @ 8:41 pm