Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Atomix Comparisons

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Does anyone here use programs OTHER than atomix mp3... its by far the best i've found out there but I'll i've ever used is traktor (which is very confusing, and may work well if it was executed better and the interface wasnt so complicated) and pcdj red... which sucked total ass...

Is there anything else out there that even compares?

-Noah

Posté Thu 13 Sep 01 @ 10:10 pm
Not that I know of, and I have tried absolutely everything. Some, such as PC DJ Red, which claims to be a professional mixing tool and is very expensive, is actually utter crap.
Others, which are ok, just don't have the auto beat matching utility. You just have to wait until Atomix 1.2 comes out, then you will have the best there is. (hopefully).

Posté Fri 14 Sep 01 @ 12:34 am
sblondyHome userMember since 2001
There's nothing easy as atomixmp3.
The only one comes close IS traktor, which has great futures, once you understand the interface (it's not that complicated).
The downside in traktor, that it's very difficult to know which beat syncs with which beat. That makes enteries matching quite difficult. That is an option that atomix does best.

Posté Sat 15 Sep 01 @ 2:41 pm
DaSOHome userMember since 2001
I think that something must also be said for traktor - i have heard it before. Traktor eats up system resources like mad. The demo crashed my system big time.

Posté Sun 16 Sep 01 @ 2:37 am
I also use Otsjuke for ,my mobile gigs. It doesn't have ANY beatmatching yet (although they promise it will come soon....yeah right!) but the audio quality if GREAT. It has a zero-latency compressor/limitor/and Auto Gain Control. I really wish that Atomix had that. But again, they really arn't a competetor yet...they are a totally different use.

-John-o

Posté Sun 16 Sep 01 @ 3:29 am
Are any of you actually DJ's? Atomix is the lowest software on the pole compared to the competition. PCDJ RED, BPM studios, and Traktor are the only really professional software programs on the market....and are actually used by Pro DJ's. Nicky Holloway, Rabbit in the Moon, David slowley (aka streetboy), LTJ Bukem, and Kerri Chandler, all use PCDJ 100% for their gig's. For me, PCDJ REd has performed flawlessly for 3 years...I gig every weekend for a crowd of 2000 plus...pcdj has been flawless. If automix wants to compete..they need:

-better looping with many more options (available)
-Hardware controller (don't know who in their right mind would use a keyboard to mix in a club environment...expecially without a mixer)(available)
-Better sounding sound enging (sound config available to full version users)
-compessor or some type of normilization of volumes(autogain)
-Better track management (read the manual)
and there are more.......they definatly need a better default skin.(there are tons of skins, why change the default)

my 2 cents

Posté Wed 23 Oct 02 @ 5:33 pm
all that is available :-p

Posté Wed 23 Oct 02 @ 7:55 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Exactly! All that is available, and it's not automix for god's sake!!!

Posté Wed 23 Oct 02 @ 10:31 pm
Man I hate when we get on this discussion ... it always the same shit ... someone asks if there is anything better than atomix .... you have 10 say its the best and then there is always that 1 person for every 10 who puts it down !!

Wait a second ? I thought a "Pro" DJ was someone who uses Vinyl ?! OH so suddenly NOW you can be a "Pro" DJ even if you use software mixers ?! ahhhhhhhhhh. I see. Whatever, people can think that Atomix may lack that "professionalism" but I know damn straight I can make some crazy mixes with this program, better than DJ programs that are named after Farm equipment.

Posté Thu 24 Oct 02 @ 5:16 am
Well I have to admit the pitch algorithm in PCDJ sounds real crisp no hissing like atomix .... I think thats the number thing that needs fixing in 2.1 !!! On CD's that I have recorded using Atomix ... the people have commented on the poor quality of the tracks !!! Don't get me wrong, the sound quality is great when the pitch is at 0% ... as soon as you increase or decrease thats when the noice starts to take presence.

I still prefer atomix.

Posté Thu 24 Oct 02 @ 7:05 am
true about the pitch Trip ...

Posté Thu 24 Oct 02 @ 2:56 pm
Look... If you are concerned about looking professional, do what I did. GET TURNTABLES!

Posté Thu 24 Oct 02 @ 5:07 pm
I think the only software that can compete with AtomixMP3 is Traktor. I will list what I think the pros of AtomixMP3 and Traktor.

Traktor: (1) Better sound quality;
(2) Position marker when looping;
(3) Better interface compared to the AtomixMP3
default skin

AtomixMP3: (1) Overlapping waveform, which makes it much
much easier to see how beat and sync
matching is working;
(2) Better playlist interface. Though not very
good, but much better than that of Traktor.

The number one reason I chose AtomixMP3 over Traktor is
the overlapping waveform display.

Two major area for AtomixMP3 to improve:
(1) sound quality.
I have compared the sound quality of AtomixMP3 to Traktor,
Winamp, etc. I have found that the sound quality of
AtomixMP3 is the lowest.
(2) Removing the annoying gap between tracks
When I play tracks ripped from a continuous DJ mix CD or
even just the original CD, there is always a very noticeable
gap between tracks on AtomixMP3. Most other software
has that problem with MP3 files, but not with CD's.
With Winamp, I can set the output to DirectSound and
in the setting, check on Remove silence to correct this
problem. But there is no way for me to remedy this with
AtomixMP3.

Just my opinion.

FTC

Posté Thu 24 Oct 02 @ 7:56 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)