Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Just and only UMEK

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

misjahHome userMember since 2002
Did you know that the UMEK is the best DJ and techno maker ever!?

Posté Fri 01 Mar 02 @ 2:28 pm
manuelHome userMember since 2002
he's good...not the best but hes ok

Posté Sun 17 Mar 02 @ 8:52 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
i had a whole bunch of umek and i never listened to it until now. so here's a quick cursory opinionated review.

it just seems too harsh, too forced. like somebody is raping my ears. there is no subtlety, nothing sounds even remotely organic...

it would go over well in a dance club because it's got a pounding beat and that's all you really need. seems to mix really easily as well... no even need to use loops because the songs are so repetitive.

so for listening music, no, umek is crap in my opinion. but for mixing and playing in a club, it's functional.

Posté Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 8:23 pm
who mixes for home listeing ? come on, mixing is about playing the crowd and making them go crazy. Sure you can mix some so stuff for headphones but you cant tell me it compares to seeing a crowd go crazy over what you drop. Is is "art" the same as another track ? maybe not in the same way, but it moves people, maybe on a lesser level but its just valid. Its like if a song moves you to cry or something its good but if it moves you to wanna dance its not as good ? bullshit, dancing hands in the air to me is just as primary of emotion as anythign else if not more so

jeff mills
Liquid Sound Distortion

Posté Sun 31 Mar 02 @ 10:04 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)