Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet old timer on the decks

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

as the title sez, i am 41 have only just started using atomix,but i love trance and euphoric music and enjoy mixing my mp3`s.However , all this talk of `loops` and other jargon leaves me at a loss(its my age ya know) so could someone please explain these terms in plain english and what they mean so as can get even more joy from my atomix and help me become a legend in my own household...
thanx folks......dj guvner

Posté Sat 02 Feb 02 @ 1:16 am
First, welcome.

Second, did you read the the beat matching post under this forum?

Third, a loop is a selection of the music that is repeated on a set count of beats. For example, a 4 beat loop repeats that sampled "selected" music every four beats. The same for an 8 beat loop, 2 beat loop. Some programs like Traktor have 1 beat, 1/2 and 1/4 beat loops! Atomix may be joining those ranks too! Hopefully!

You get this "action" in Atomix by pressing :
CTRL + L to get a 8 beat loop
SHIFT + L to get a 4 beat loop
and
L to get a 2 beat loop

Try it then write back!

Keep Mixin'
Ronny582

then just press the L key again to release ANY of the loops.

Posté Sat 02 Feb 02 @ 3:00 pm
PS

To get the loop to work you have to make sure that the deck you want is seleveted (the A or B button). Try it and listen to one song to see how it works before you try mixing.

The instructions are in your help file.

Keep Mixin'
Ronny582

Posté Sat 02 Feb 02 @ 8:12 pm
thanx ronnie...will give that a go

Posté Thu 07 Feb 02 @ 2:07 pm
zaz999Home userMember since 2003
Hi,
I've got a set of decks and have been using them with atomix to mix vinyl and mp3's. What I want to do is use my computer as an effects box by taking the final mixed output from the mixer and feeding it back through the soundcard and then processing it in real-time with some effects program. Does anyone know of a good program to use for this? Cheers

Posté Tue 30 Sep 03 @ 1:01 pm
beltramHome userMember since 2003
you need a program that support vst or direct x pluggins like steinberg programs and plugins (eq, compressor,filters etc) But the big problem is the latency (delay between input and output sound ) so you need a good soundcard which support asio drivers to solve that problem.

Posté Wed 01 Oct 03 @ 12:05 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)