Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Buying a Mixer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Curious to see if anyone's using a mixer, or just the standard equipment. Been playing for a while now and lookin' to step up to the bigs, but want to know if anyone's using a mixer, and if so what kind, etc. I have a dual sound card setup (Soundblaster Audigy 5.1), headphones, receiver, amps (all the basic equip) but am curious whether or not the software will allow for accurate control if I hook up an external mixer. Any input is appreciated.

~~ Ricochet

Posté Sat 13 Jul 02 @ 1:41 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Check out www.djhomeboy.freewebspace.com

A list of my equipment.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posté Sat 13 Jul 02 @ 1:51 am
My advice is that it is a good idea to have a quality mixer for your set. Not only does it look more professional, but it also allows you to upgrade to new equipment (CDs, TTs etc.) therefore it's a good idea to buy a mixer that has multiple line-ins if you can afford it.

Posté Sat 13 Jul 02 @ 2:47 am
Right now i am using a Numark DM2002x hooked up to my pioneer amp (just as impressionsDJ recommends for home use) ... i have that setup for home parties with friends. I am so friggin happy with this mixer. .. it rox !!

Posté Sat 13 Jul 02 @ 7:15 am
Thanks guys..What do you think about a controller-vs-mixer? I know that Numark has the "Official" Atomix controller, and was curious if it was worth maybe investing in? Or should I stick with the conventional mixer?

Posté Sat 13 Jul 02 @ 9:44 pm
The controller doesn't contain a mixer so it wouldn't hurt to get both.

Posté Sat 13 Jul 02 @ 10:31 pm
i posted some thoughs on actually going back to the software for mixing on the general forum, might be worth your while to read it. There are alot of nice mixers for under $75 right now, in fact musicians friend has a 2 channel berhinger for $39, at that price its sure worth trying, and definatly see how much you think it helps your skills before you make the investment in something more expensive

Posté Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 10:22 pm
Demon RHome userMember since 2002
I just bought a mixer and 2 turntables of JBsystem, and it's very professional. Only a little expensive...

Good luck buying your mixer!

Posté Mon 22 Jul 02 @ 9:13 pm
Definately get a mixer
I was in the same situation as you and decided to go for it and I'm one happy chap.

I just wrote a nice long message giving reasons why its good and why I chose my mixer the Pioneer DJM 300, but when I went to post it, I stupidly clicked on 'Reset post' without really thinking so I can't be stuffed typing it all again.

But contact me on nivek14@hotmail.com and I'll tell u how good it is and stuff. What too look for in a mixer and what not too.

Get a mixer, Kevin
nivek14@hotmail.com

Posté Sat 27 Jul 02 @ 8:57 pm
jmezHome userMember since 2006
Can u use ne kind of mixer with vdj ??

Posté Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 10:59 am
jmez

yes any mixer will work with the full version of Virtual DJ. That option is disabled in the demo version.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 12:36 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)