Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet atomix to turntables

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Has anyone else here migrated from atomix to turntables? I used atomix for 6 months before I got an external mixer, and then 6 months after that I got 2 turntables. Using atomix for that period of time helped out at LOT with beatmatching and general mixing. After about 2 weeks mixing any type of house or trance on my decks became relatively easy, and now jungle is my next endeavour. Anyone else gone from atomix to turntables?

phatty720
dave

Posté Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 4:05 pm
yes i'm very similar to that! but i just love trance too much to change my mixing genre!

Posté Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 7:49 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nope, I went the other way... turntables to CD's.. to Atomixmp3...
I think my previous work experience has made me that much better with Atomix... but I can see where some experience with Atomix would help someone master other formats as well.

Posté Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 8:33 pm
Yeah, I too made the transition. At the start of December, I found beat-mixing with vinyl impossible, and I had clung to Atomix for wayyy too long. However, since learning to mix properly on vinyl, I can't use Atomix anymore!!
Let me know if anyone else has this problem, but I find that occasionally Atomix will throw your beats off even though they are aligned correctly! Unless heavy post-mix editing is used, it is near-impossible to have a clean tight mix.
If anyone knows how to fix this problem I'd love to know, but at the moment Atomix is driving me crazy, and with record prices as they are, I can't afford to buy 20 new records a week for a new set contantly!

Check out my page http://fnl.indiesoundz.com/main.htm

All the best,
DJ Clay

Posté Fri 21 Feb 03 @ 4:21 pm
Well when using atomix i use the pitch fine tune shortcut a lot. by using that, when the beats start to drift just a little, using the pitch fine tune will keep the beats matched. If you want a nice challenge, try mixing jungle on atomix. it's actually not that hard once you get the hang of it. only thing, you need to manually set the bpms and get them practically perfect, unless you're really good with using the keys to adjust the pitch. i have had a song every once in a while skip ahead all of a sudden due to my computer doing something wacky on it's own.... nothin' really to do with atomix.

phatty720
dave

Posté Sun 23 Feb 03 @ 5:33 am
DJ ESPHome userMember since 2003
Well this is the setup I have for mixing

I have 2 Technics SL-1200MK2
Behringer DX1000 Pro Mixer 7 Channel
Atomix on PC..AMD 750mhz win98 Soundblaster pci128 soundcard

you have to buy the wire from Radio shack or any electronics store. it has RCA on one end and 1/4 jack on other end that plugs into sound card audio-out jack. Plug RCA ends into mixer open channel and there you go..
I mix vinyl to vinyl then vinyl to PC then back to vinyl
other DJ's here in vegas have never seen a setup like mine and commend me on it.. Infinite amount of songs you can get from internet.. just takes some skill to beat match to actual turntables and vice versa.

I dont plan on spending 550 dollars on FinalScratch which is the same thing but you use turntables to match the mp3's on the laptop or computer..

i will get a picture of my set up and post it at a later date.

Good luck

Posté Wed 26 Feb 03 @ 11:25 pm
DJ ESPHome userMember since 2003
also one little trick you might want to try.

The signal graph at the top.. it shows you the signal as its coming trough.. i think people use it for scratching. well if you are used to turntables you can do the same thing in regards to tapping back or pushing forward to match the beats to the turntables. Yeah sometimes on my friends Full Version of Atomix it might jump ONCE in a Great while cause of something in the background. But just grab it back or foward with your mouse and you are right back on track.. I have done events with it. and they cant believe how it works.. and I get a great response from crowd and club owners and event sponsors. good luck

Posté Wed 26 Feb 03 @ 11:29 pm
THOMHome userMember since 2003
yeah

Posté Mon 03 Mar 03 @ 2:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)