Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VOB playback issue

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have experienced a new problem with .vob files. I have been ripping the .vob files (DVD Decrypter) from my promo only dvds and playing them without issue. I ripped a movie dvd that i own for the music video that was supplied on the dvd as a .vob file. The file will not play in virtual dj 3.1 with the vob setting at video codec. It will play with the vob setting at windows media player codec. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Posté Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:19 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Most likely, that VOB file's audio track is in AAC format, which is the standard for DVD movies. I don't know if VDJ is able to read AAC. PromoOnly's audio track is in PCM format which is basically like a .wav file. You can try an external codec like FFDSHOW and then enable AAC decoding through FFDSOW (checkbox in its configurator utility.) You will then have to set your extensions so that VOBs get procesed by the Windows Media Decoder so that FFDSHOW will be used.
Alternatively, you could use on of several utilities out there to replace the audio track in your VOB with PCM audio or maybe even MP3 audio to save some space.
I had reported a similar problem with 'ambient' tracks from the PromoOnly discs. They don't work either, apparently because there is no audio track. Haven't tried those in 3.1 yet though.

Posté Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:30 pm
I'll give it a try and post the results next week. Thanks for the advice.

Posté Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:34 pm
Yes, the PO ambients won't play yet because there is now audio to go with them. I know for a fact that they are working on it because I helped them! ; )

Posté Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:44 pm
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
AAC is the standard for DVD movies??????????

The DVD-Video standard is composed by MPEG-2 video and the following audio formats:

1)Dolby Digital (AC-3)
2)MPEG-2 audio
3)PCM
4)DTS and SDDS

MPEG Layer 3 (MP3) and MPEG-2 AAC (also known as NBC or unmatrix) are not supported by the DVD-Video standard.

Please check Jim's Taylor DVD FAQ on http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html

Ciao!! :)

Posté Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 3:34 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for the correction Arjuna. I meant AC3, not AAC.

Posté Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 5:58 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)