Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Jog wheels to sensitiv

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

I´m proud owner of a Hercules DJ console (toy..) and the matching VirtualDJ version.
Now my question:
Jogwheels are much to sensitive (factor 2-4) when beatmatching. To correct the small shift (and hey, Virtual DJ is really good at that, its most of the time just a very small shift!!) I would like to have them less sensitive. Right now most times it needs just 1/50 turn to get it right, and if your hands are just a bit shakey, or you touch jogwheel by fault all runs out of sync.
Could not find a slider to do that, is there a config file or something like that change it?

Thanks in advance.

Posté Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 1:13 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you are probably in scratch mode and you need to turn it off. some skins have a button for that, especially the dj console skin.

Posté Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 2:15 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Go into settings, go to the hercules DJC, make sure that "use jogs to scratch" is unchecked.

When in scratch mode, the wheels are obviously way to sensitive to beat mix!.

Furthermore please modify your profile, and let it detect that you have the console version.

Hope that helps.

Posté Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 3:15 pm
I let the forum detect my console, in my user details is written:

Hercules DJConsole Edition : You have a Hercules DJConsole
I have to admit this is true, I already opened this piece of plactic to fix one Jog that was scratching the ground... And it feels still loose..
If you don`t believe me I will shoot close ups of the scratched screws. ;)
Enough scratching.

I was a bit dissapointed that even if I payed something for the software I have still level 0.
But I don´t really mind, what I want to do needs no further effects or fancy skins.
Just fine tuned beatmatching. I used VTT before from 2000-2004, but since DTT died before it came to life I searched for a tool that matches my needs. (VTT has 100-200 ms latency, this is not acceptable in these times.) I trained alot without any automatic beatmatching, I can hear if its right.
I already switched of scratching (hey, come on, scratching stops the song if you move the jog!)

I just want to have them less sensitiv!
Isn`t there any config file at all?
Do I have to open it and break out every second teeth of the jogs?
´8-|

Posté Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 2:10 am
I believe it's the software that sets the sensitivity rather than the hardware it's self., I requested that a user applicable sensitivity bar could be implemented to fix the over sensitive jogs, maybe in a future version that will be done..

It's true though, compared to regular jogs the hercules jogs are just too sensitive, you have to get used to them for now!.

Also you may be interested that you haven't bought this software, the version with your Hercules was a complete GIVEAWAY, you have a hercules limited version, and the very fact you can run VDJ without a timer or unreasonable limit gives you a reason to be grateful..

Of course the FULL version is worth the investment, it opens up a whole new world and version 3.1 is miles ahead of 1.9..

Posté Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 1:33 pm
Definately.

I bought the full version after getting the free console version - It still fully supports the console and more! - plus you can now video mix! - well worth it for what is it £70 ? ! - VDJ is fantastic.

Posté Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 4:38 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
VDJ it's the best buy for the money you can get. I'm very happy with it too.

Posté Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 5:03 pm
About the marketing attempt:
Beside that VDJ is a great program, we already know this, I would like to come back to the topic of this thread......

Is there any help in sight? I would even buy the pro version if it allowed me to set jogs less sensible. Is there perhabs a way to set them less sensible on driver side (cfg file??).

Thx for any info.

Posté Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 3:04 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Like was said before, the sensitivity of the jof wheels is not a hardware problem.., as I've used the hercules in alternative software and they have been much more like regular CD players.

The problem is in the software, It has been requested for that a user specifiable bar be implemented that alters the wheels sensitivity, so far We've seen nothing on this front, maybe in the future, with Hercules DJ Console MK2 being released soon further support WILL be added, but I'm not sure of the differences in the 2 models..

I too hope to see this problem adressed, until then I can cope.., but as well as I'd like.

I'm hopeing an all-in-one unit as attractive as the hercules will be released soon and be of a more proffesional standard.

Still though, many great DJ's here gigging with their Laptops + Hercules wired to the mixer, all is stable and works great, It is useable in pro settings IMO.

Posté Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 7:54 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)