Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Video Audio Decoder

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi. Love this program. I have used it for 4 hours at a show so far and I'm very impressed.
However....

I find the mp3 playback quality is fine, but my Promo Only DVD vob files have scratchy audio. I have WinDVD installed on my machine and when playing them back on that they sound a heap better. Trying to use the "Windows Media Video Decoder" makes a loud hissing sound. I've tried the Nero trial and WinDVD plugins for Windows Media Player, but when i select to use any of these decoders i get the same loud hissing sound. Is there a solution to this? Have I missed something. Would it be possible for someone to write a tutorial as I have seen posts from others running into the same problems when they want to play vobs or mpeg2's with AC-3 (which is the default DVD audio codec). I think it would be most beneficial if a filter control was incorporated into Virtual DVD. That way you could actually manually select filters for each extension instead of relying on the ones that WMP has identified as WMP has no manually filter control (unlike other great players such as Zoom Player).

Thanks for any help! Greatly appreciated.

Posté Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 4:16 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posté Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 3:50 pm
Unfortunately this does not work for me either, I still get a hissing sound when trying to use the any settings besides the built in Video Decoder.

Posté Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 4:43 am
I have new information for these. When we rip dvd's some of them comes with AC3 and LPCM audio codecs. VirtualDJ uses LPCM to decode VOB files (and some MPEG-2 as well). When rip your DVD's use LPCM and uncheck AC3 whenever you have the option.

When you cannot have the LPCM option you're only options is get proper codec and use Windows Media Player as your decoder.

Good Luck!

Posté Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 5:00 am
I have bought TMPG MPEG Editor and used it to convert any vobs I have with AC3 audio to LPCM. This works perfectly, but the inbuilt video decoders' sound quality is still questionable at this stage.

Thanks for the info ACW

Posté Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 3:55 pm
Aussie,
VirtualDJ have to polish his audio to work perfect with 48 KHz sample rate. I'm sure the Team is working hard; I hope we get soon these improvements.

Posté Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 5:58 pm
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There's the famous "AC3 filter" that works by resampling and normalization of the AC-3 stream, in live mode. Maybe the implementetion of a thing like that can be very usefull.

About LPCM conversion...I don't know how the audio converter of Tmpeg works, but pay attention to Ac3 files that have more than 2 channels - so the classic 5.1, that you can find also in some musical DVDs like Orbital's "The Altogether 5.1".
The converter have to do a peak analisys for the amplification of the central, LFE and rear channels, that are encoded in AC3 at a lower db level than L and R, before the phase of merging them into the 2 stereo channels. DSP Guru's "BeSweet" was the first program to do this work properly.

Ciao!! :)

Posté Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 8:53 pm
Yep, you're right. I've now used TMPGeg MPEG Editor to convert the audio of the Promo Only vobs from LPCM 48khz, to MPEG 44.1khz and there's a huge difference is sound quality. The conversion doesn't take long per file and I'll leave them like that until there's another solution. Sounds a lot better through my 802's now :-))

Posté Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 3:43 pm
I'm Glad, is great that you finally get it working.

Posté Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 8:44 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)