Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Storing and Recalling Loops

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ1855PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have been a professional DJ for 12 Years, and I have been sitting back and watching the MP3 software develope. In my opinion, of the programs I have tested, this is the best!!! To me one of the most powerful features is the keyboard shortcuts. You can basically create your own custom controller.

Now for my question, how can you create a loop and store it so that you can return back to it from any other point in the song. On conventional DJ CD players this is very easy to do and always a standard feature. But I don't seam to see it here in Virtual DJ. This is what's holding me back from making the switch over to Virtual DJ.

Posté Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 4:13 am

One way you can do this is as follows:

Assuming you are only using 1 or 2 of the cue points on your tracks for permanently storing your normal starting points, you could create a keyboard shortkut that sets one of the other unused cue points (i.e. Set Cue Point #5). Then create a second shortkut that takes you back to shortkut #5 AND start immediate play. Once playback starts from the cue point, simply use your normal shortkut to set the loop length.

This accomplishes at least a couple of things. #1 you've created a point where you can do a stutter effect, also a feature found on many CD players, and 2nd'ly, you can change your loop length on the fly.... something I don't think all the CD players with loop function can do.

Only downside to this is that the cue points get permanently stored... which is not harmful, just maybe a bit messy.

vDJ does it again, NOW MAKE THE SWITCH !! [:o)

Posté Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 4:33 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
use shortcut for cueloop

Posté Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 6:14 am
I can't find "cueloop" in the list of options for shortcuts.

Posté Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 6:36 am
I'm sorry use the same shorctut for goto cue and loop at defualt, this should do what you want.

Posté Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 6:50 am
Hey Mele and Cyder,

I beleive both of you guys are telling me the same thing in the above solutions. If I understand you guys correctly, you are telling me to create a macro shortcut (one that both goes to a cue and starts a loop at the same time). The problem is that will only allow for an automatic loop and not a manual loop (loop in, loop out). Although the automatic loops are nearly perfect everytime, not every loop falls in the 2,4,8,16,32,... beat count. That's why I prefer manual loops. At times we might need a 12 count loop, or 20 count loop, etc. etc.

I do realize that I could create a macro shortcut that goes back to a cue pt and creates a "loop in" and then I would have to hit another shortcut to "loop out" when the song reaches the desired point, but that defeats the purpose. The puropose here is to create a loop that we are satisfied with while listening to it in the headphones and then being able to recall it during playback from any pt in the song.

Posté Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 7:51 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
You could do this in the Samples area. Start when you want and go out when you feel is time. Then you could get this to loop or sound with the current song.

Posté Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 8:18 pm
Hey ACW,

Either I'm not understanding you or your not understanding me. In your example how would you be able to recall that loop while playing live from any other point in the song without having to re-enter the
loop out position? And I'm specifically talking about a manual loop. Like I stated above there are many times that we would like to loop something that doesn't conform to VDJs 2,4,8,16,32... count automatic loops.

On a typical DJ Cd Player you can loop in and loop out without having to conform to a restricted number of loops counts and you can recall that loop from any point in the song without having to re-enter the loop out. This is a feature I use all the time and is standard on all cd players and I can't seem to get it in Virtual DJ.

Posté Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 9:00 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
A second thought,

what you want to do is like use the cues in VDJ and reloop in the desire point. That's not possible. In Some 3/4 songs you might have the problem, but many of them are 4/4 so you could get a seamless loop with the current 2-256 beats.

You could make manual arrange to any loop( and let it a 16 to a 12 beat loop), but certainly don't with the facility you want.

Sorry

Posté Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 9:29 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
traktor / FS uses a 'loop pool' it would be nice to have a browser for samples instead of having to click each one to load one up.

oh and assuming the CBG is accurate why on earth would you want an obscure loop length? i have a feeling this feature wouldnt be helpful to prety much anyone.

Posté Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 3:31 am
use the sampler for that :)

Posté Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 5:03 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)