Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Video Decoder

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi there, I'm loving virtual DJ so far but I'm having problems with the VOB file side of it. I use vob files as they are alot faster to rip straight to my 200 GB hard drive and I do not have time to convert the files to MPEG.
When I play the vob files the response is not as good as MPEG and the screen distorts when I scratch. Can anyone suggets a good video decoder and how to install it?
Also can anyone sugget what program I can use that will quickly rip my DVD to very high quality MPEG as I use two high spec projectors onto 7ft screens so its quite important that the quality looks good.
Can someone also advise me on an external soundcard that has enough inputs for two decks and enough out puts for the mixer as I'm using a laptop?

Thanks

Posté Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 3:22 pm
No ripper will come close to the speed of copying dvd files to vob chapters with smartripper since it is only copying, not converting.

Scratching a vob file is very taxing on your system and you will need a good card, fast processor, and lots of RAM to do it without the issues you mention. I would upgrade your computer rather than downgrade your file quality.

Can you tell us some more about your system?
processor?
RAM?
video card?

Posté Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 7:20 pm
Yeah, its a celeron 2.4ghz, 512 ram, but I think the graphics gard is not very good!

Posté Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 2:54 pm
I recommend the following video card. Based on my conversations w support and users, it is more important than adding RAM or another processor--although both would be a good idea. Note that the card below is for a PCI-Express slot. If your graphics card is in a black slot get the card below. If it is in a brown slot, you need an AGP card. You'll have to do a search for that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130214

This card is the e-GeForce 6600GT. It is used my me, DJ Cyder, a lot of others, and the VDJ dev team.

If cost is an issue, I recommend you upgrade in the following order:
1. graphics card
2. RAM
3. processor

Posté Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 6:56 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)