Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Attachments

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello DJ Experts!

yeah i was curious to know...ive used the demo version for a little bit now, and i am interested in puchasing this, however...if i do purchase this, i have a plan, i want to plug in a small mixer followed by 1 turntable...and im curious to know whether i can do this with 1 souncard which is on my system... heres the detailed idea....

i run virtual DJ on my pc, plug in my mixer, which has 1 turntable plugged in...and i was curious to know whether i can use my 1 turntable to mix/skratch my music in... however its only 1 turntable...i'd switch decks with the keyboard and load songs through the pc..jus blend music in with a turntable...not sure if i lost you on the description of this..but please let me know, im very curious to do this..but im not sure whether i can or not.

so far ive found me a very basic mixer...here's a link to it to give you an idea...

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=PA+Systems&product=3213005

Thanks for the help..hopefully i will be able to do my project!!!

Posté Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 3:34 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey PhaT-MonkiE

This shouldn't be a problem I don't think. I don't use tt's myself, so I may be wrong with what I'm about to tell you. If so, I apologise and maybe someone else on the forum can help you...ideally a TCV/TT user!!!

From your soundcard, you have one audio out (Y split jack to two phono cable) into one channel in the back of your mixer and another audio out (for cueing with phones) to the other channel of your mixer. I think you can then attach your TT to the aux channel of your mixer...effectively giving you 3 turntables - your TT can be used as your back up.

This is the setup i have, only i don't have a tt, i have a basic cd player in my aux channel. The 'problem' this presents is that you are looking at a two channel mixer...you'd need at least a 3 channel mixer.

I don't use effects or anything so i have a very basic 3 channel mixer (pic in my blog) which cost me like £100 and is ideal for me cos i use the set up I've described above. All I need is two decks and my cd player - peachy.

Hopefully this helps. If not, like i said above, my apologies.

Cheers...keep spinnin'...and good luck!

P

Posté Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 5:34 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
that mixer is not very good reminds me of the one i bought 12 years ago .... try this one
a good starter mixer with more features and less money
http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail~waGroup1datarq~[waGroup1datarq]~eqint_KeyIDdata~36131~itemNumber~-201-B%2001%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20~UID~2005101711000586~disp_IMG~Y~catgroup~%5BcatGroup%5D.tpl

Posté Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 6:00 pm
Cool cool, thanks for the advice, when i get my cash for the TT, i'll look into it, any other suggestions from people with expereince on this???

Thanks in advance once again,

MonkiE

Posté Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 3:21 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Very true...the mixer is not the greatest, however, like i said, i don't do scratching, or effects or anything, so i don't need anything too fancy. So, this mixer is ideal for me.

I have never had any problems with my gear, and i'm always looking to update what i do have...although my first priority at the moment is not my mixer.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'

P

Posté Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 9:02 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just want to make sure I'm getting the question right...you want to use 1 Time Coded Vinyl and one Turntable and be able to select which deck the Turntable is controlling?

That has been a feature people have asked for but is yet to be available. I think because of the way the hardware interacts with the software it is difficult to do.;

Posté Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 10:08 pm
Actually it IS possible to use 1 TT with VDJ.

all you need to map is a button on either your keyboard or midi controller. Its called TCV bypass.

make it switch on and off on the default deck and once you let go the vinyl on beat just turn it off and when you switch songs and default deck re-activate the TCV and you can control the other deck with it.

I have been using 1 deck now for months since I had issues with Numark's customer service and support regarding my 2nd TTx.

if you need any help regarding the setup its the same as 2 TCVs except you only use the one :D

look up my blog and message me in MSN if you need a hand.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 1:32 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)