Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Karaoke Guide

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

lack1PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is there a guide for Karaoke........I could use a step by step instruction.

Posté Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 2:52 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
step 1.

rip cdg disc using audio grabber, (instructions in the audio gabber help file) seach google for the program

Step 2

take the 2 files you ripped and put the in a folder

Step 3

open the folder you put them in inside of vdj

step 4

select the track with the little blue k, and load it to the player

step5

click play in virtual dj

Posté Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 6:47 am
Every time I have tried to play a karaoke file my VDJ crashes. I have a suped up system (P4 3 ghz, 2G RAM, 6600 GT, etc) and do videos and mp3s with very rare crashing. But I can't get through more than a few seconds of a karaoke song without a crash. A member of the support team sent me a zipped mp3+g file that he uses all the time w no probs and it also crashed on my system.

Anyone else had this problem and licked it?

Posté Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 5:53 pm
Also have the same issue with some of my karaoke songs. Don't know what to do :>

Posté Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 7:26 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Don't you still have to change the files to .zip in order for VDJ to recognize them?

Posté Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 1:31 pm
I'm a KJ and have a lot of songs in MP3... admittedly I am a CONVERT from HOSTER by www.mtu.com... I had an issue with them and find their controlling of their software overboard.

Here is how I recommend you do you conversion.

First, you SHOULD (I'd say, MUST but can't confirm it) have an original non-pirated copy of Windows XP installed on your system.

Second, you need to download Windows .NET Framework to the current version.

Third, go to http://www.activeaspsoftware.net/default.aspx?p=home and download "MP3+G Toolz" from the website (only from this website and get the current version - it is currently free). Install the software.

Once installed, Place a CDG in a CD Player (or DVD player) that CAN and WILL read the CDG subcodes... you have almost a 100% chance that your CD/DVD player will read this if the label on the front says PLEXTOR (TRUST ME!) and a MUCH lessor chance if it isn't....\

Once the CD is in the tray and the tray is closed, right mouse click on the cd/dvd player and select "MP3 Toolz .NET4"

Click on the "OPTIONS" tab in the lower left corner.

At the top you will see "General," "Zip Compression" and "Audio Encoding/Ripping", first go to the "ZIP Compression" tab and change the compression to "5 - Default Compression" Then select the "Audio Encoding/Ripping" and change to AT LEAST MP3 and 192 Kbps

Once you have done that, then CLOSE MP3+G Toolz. Then Open it again by right mouse clicking on the CD/DVD drive that reads CDGs... (as of this typing, your version of MP3+G Toolz should read 4.0.1.5). Select, Convert CDG to ZIP. If the CDG is NOT (I repeat) not a SOUND CHOICE numbered after 8700 or Made in the last 3 or 4 years, you should be able to get a complete RIP of the CDG, however, if you CDG is a SOUND CHOICE in the 8700 range (I have the exact numbers) it may have a logo that says "MEDIA CLOQ" on it or what looks like a WEIRD WORM. These CDs MUST, MUST, MUST, be sent back to Sound Choice with your mailing address and $5.99 (I think) shipping and handling for a replacement (Please confirm that the disk has NOT been pulled from the market, otherwise you won't get it back, stupid copyright/and other laws!).

If your disk is NOT a MEDIA CLOQ CD, you should end up with between 5 and 18 or more NAMED zip files in the folder you assigned it too.

Now, MP3+G Toolz uses www.kjpro.com's numbering system. So if you are NOT sure how to label the disc, go to their website... Generally, Sound Choice Disks start out as "SCXXXX" and ChartBusters are, "CBXXXX" Pop Hits Monthly Pop are PHM followed by the month and year... Top Hits Montly Pop (Used to be the same owners but a bitch fight split the company) will be THPXXXX similar numbering system. In time you will know that THP and PHM have their own numbering systeming, THP will use the last half of the tracks as the performance tracks (i.e. with NO vocal) whereas, PHM will use the first half of the tracks.

Now, this is NO SURE FIRE SOLUTION... and the other companies MAY be able to re-produce semi-quality renditions on MP3 format, HOWEVER, for me, I use www.mtu.com's program called MICROSTUDIO that will convert my files (in pretty quick time) to ".cdg" files... once I have them in this format (I think the current version will convert to ".bin") it only takes renaming these files to .bin to use MP3+G Toolz.

How I use it is as follows... I have an older version of Microstudio (and a newer one as I kept getting the upgrade, but I can use the older version on as many PCs as I like as long as I have the same MAC address in my Network adapter... Don't worry, I'm not giving this software away, but it is nice to install it without having to be limited to 3 installs! ;) ) So, I install the software on a computer that sits next to my main computer/show computer. I have two hard drives and I use the second hard drive as my CDG drive. I use microstudio and copy all my CDGs to the Hard Drive in Seperate folders according to the manufacturers number as set forth on www.kjpro.com. Once the hard drive is almost full (Don't fill it, otherwise you won't be able to run MP3+G Toolz) I will take and right mouse click on the drive (or folder I called CDG) and then select to convert from "*.bin" to ".ZIP" The program will look at the name the files have (all are "auto-named" in microstudio including the track number) and the files will be converted from .bin to .zip and the correct name will be assigned after the file name... so, for a sound choice CD I might end up with a file that says, "SC8801-01 THIS ARTIST - THAT TRACK.ZIP" and I'm done...

There is a program out there, for free, that you can take and create a text file (and ultimately an Excel file) of all the files you have. Once you have done this, you can create a song book!

I've been doing this for some time and if you need any help let me know... there is ONE thing though... a lot of CDGs (especially Sound Choice) that have a 12-16 second extra track... I don't know how well this works JUST with MP3+G Toolz, but the website at www.mtu.com (in the microstudio forums) has a lot of explanation on HOW to defeat multisession CDGs (Which these are).

Generally, for a 15 track Sound Choice Multisession CD, you will end up with 16 tracks. The last track is less than 20 seconds... you'd select ONLY the 15 tracks you want, then when the last track is BURNING, it will get hung and look like it is STILL burning the track... once the progress bar has STOPPED moving, simply press the EJECT key on you CD/DVD drive. You will get an error, however you should STILL end up with a completed file. Other companies use this and I can't (at this time) provide a comprehensive list, however (at least for Microstudio) this technique works.

Again, if you have ANY questions on the above, let me know... I know this too well.

Once you have a .ZIP file (or a .mp3 and .cdg) it is just a matter of loading the .zip or the .cdg into Virtual DJ. If you DO use the ZIP format, please make sure you ADD the .zip extension to the "EXTENSION" tab in Virtual DJ and assign the karaoke reader.

Now I have to say this, Virtual DJ DOES NOT read ALL CDG converted to MP3+G formats depending on certain manufacturers. I'd be willing to talk to any of the staff about at least TWO Specific brands of CDG that do NOT play in your player... it has NOTHING to do with Virtual DJ except that not all CDGs are recorded the same. I CAN provide samples that I have ripped from my CDGs.

Good Luck!

Posté Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 8:49 am
Sorry Cyder, I have a little more experience in this area and you left out a lot... I hope you don't take it as an insult... I so respect your knowledge of MPEG however!

Posté Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 8:50 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
PCGumShoe,

Thanks for the input. We are learning each day.

Posté Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 11:15 pm
BOY, I was PRETTY DRUNK when I wrote that... I'm surprised I got that all in and it made ANY sense!

But that is the basics... I'll say that there are some problems if you try to compress more than BASIC compression. I love free things, but sometimes one must PAY for somethings... oh well, I hope it helps OR at least puts people in the right direction.

Sadly, I don't use Virtual DJ for KJing because there is NO key control that sound descent AND there are problems with some files coverted from CDG...

The program I use, that takes up SO LITTLE CPU will NOT work with Virtual DJ's video running... although it ONLY accesses the secondary monitor WHEN it is playing, Virtual DJ wants TOTAL control... much to my dislike... oh well.

Posté Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 6:43 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)