Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Timecode problems and solutions

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Well alright guys Here are some occuring problems with Timecode that I and am sure many others have experienced.

I post this since I found a quick run around fix that seems to work (at least for me)

Problem 1: Pops, crackle and possible distortion in sound after fast movements of the TCV.

Solution: In the VDJ soundcard settings remove the RIAA checkmark from the TCV advanced menu.
For those who use digital turntables and can use a line in option instead of phono, please use this setting. If your signal is too loud you should look into making a filter or buying one to reduce the noise (if your stuck like I am with the M-audio Ozone and the volume control completely off still doesn't do anything hehe)
Even if you can't get your signal completely down and get a 100% TCV signal they will still work! However the needle drop might stop working after a little while.

Problem 2: beats drifting with TCV.

Solution: Don't rely too much on the cbg (little and big squares) since I have noticed that they eventually drift away from the beats. Just make sure that the bpms are set properly and from there you can fine tune directly on the TT (if letting VDJ match the pitch for you)

If anyone else has some quick fixes or problems using Timecode please post them below so we can test and hopefully find a fix temporarilly or the dev team will get to it within the next updates :D

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 11:59 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i dont have a problem using the software RIAA equalisation using TCV (its crap with a real record on pass thru we all know).

dont know what you mean about beats drifting. are you talking about how the CBG starts under the bass beats and then drifts off as the song progresses or are you talking about beats not being on the same position on the TCV after a few rotations and then back-cue?

the only problems i have with TCV, and im talking about probelms with how it is supposed to work not how i want it to work but dont have the option to, are;

pops and crackles when using the worn side (its not that worn so im pretty sure i dont need a new one yet?) of the disk.

drifting when you back spin back to the start of a sample (say about 4 beats/ 360degrees of TCV) and then it jumps slightly to where the start of the sample is (or was to start with) on the disk with a little 'hic'. sucks for doing turntableism cause you cant tell by ear where abouts you are in the back spin cause it will jump when it picks up a time code and corrects its drift to where it should actualy be if it hadnt of drifted.

Posté Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 12:44 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think what he was saying and as i have the issue is the pop and jump from the backspin is the same sound i can get when doing some rapid hard scratches.

Posté Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 2:43 am
yep if using the RIAA you will get some pops/crackle if you spin the TCV too fast (ie: fast backspin, fast scratching). Using a worn TCV shouldn't produce a crackling sound since the signal is going into your Line in of your sound card. If you get crackling and you suspect a worn vinyl you should mute your line in volume in the volume control.

The CBGs (little squares) will drift off the waveform when using TCVs. The pitch fluctuates as it should which is no problem at all but the CBGs drift off so who ever relies on the CBGs should forget about it and use their ears.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 5:45 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)