Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet editing video

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'd like to start off by saying that I love this program, i've just had a sff computer built so that i can use vdj in my gigs and i've now done several nights in Pubs and Clubs with only one (visualisation induced) crash, I'm a full time dj, have been for over thirty years and I'm moving over to using vdj full time. But heres a head scratcher. I'm using Adobe premiere elements to edit my videos. The DVD quality mpegs play fine in powerdvd but when i put them into vdj i get an error message. If i run them through tmpgenc they play fine but I'm concerned about further generation loss. I tried Uleads' editing program first of all and the files created by that worked fine, just that the program doesn't seem quite so useable for my task. Any ideas ? I'm also open to suggestions on suitable editing programs.

Posté Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 11:45 pm
You need to do some searching on here and you will see that AC3 is the problem... also you might find that if the videos are using audio with more than 44.1 KHz sample rate, you won't like the sounds.

I'm going to be testing tonight some conversions I have made and here's how I did it. First I edit my videos (with fades and whatever) using Nero Vision Express. Then I use WOMBLE MPEG-VCR and I open the file. Once I have it open, I click on the BARREL (Save) in the bottom, and I click on the AUDIO buttion. From there I click on "MPEG" if everything is greyed out, then I click on the samplerate and lower it from 48 to 44. Then I click save and it takes about 30 seconds per video to convert it. The files are a little smaller.

Then they should play fine. You can also use NERO VISION to put it in LPCM, except it usually defaults to the highest possible sample rate and this causes bad sounding videos (at least for me).

Hope this helps

Posté Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 1:08 am
Thanks for your reply altjough i'm not sure that the audio is the problem. I'm busy doing some family stuff but next week i'm going to get back into some file comparisons and try and sort this out. I am experiencing the delay problem on some of my files and I know you got involved with some of that yourself. So which is the best audio format for vdj ?

All the best

John

Posté Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 7:29 pm
With video, the best audio format MUST be 44.1 KHz... compression is your choice.

Posté Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 6:04 am
I'd may stand corrected on that last bit about the "best" it may be determined by the sound card you have... not sure. I know AC3 does NOT work with the internal decoder. So if your Video File was taken from a DVD, there's a high chance that your audio is AC3. Some videos come with LPCM wich is MP2 (I think) and this works alright. For me, if I have a video with LPCM and the sample rate is 48 KHz, it sounds terrible through my mains, however, if I bring this down to 44.1, sound fine, no distortion.

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 1:42 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)