Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Virtual DJ Slow loading of video

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

blaideHome userMember since 2005
I just bought Virtual DJ and the load time for the video's is like molases. The demo version I tried on my laptop loaded up like lightning, but the purchased version is very slow. My laptop is an Alienware Pentium 4 at 3.2 Gig Hertz processor, 1024 Ram, and the fastest video card that was out at the time (I forget what it is). On the demo version, I was able to load videos off my external Western digital Hard drive using USB 2, and it was fast. Now with the purchased version it was very slow. I switched to firewire thinking that would help, but no change. I have all the screen savers, power management, etc. all turned off or optiomized so as to use as little CPU resources as possible. The video's load slow, but play just fine ounce their loaded. Also, while one video is playing, if I load the second deck, the video from the first deck is still fine. It dosn't stutter, skip or slow down. Everything is perfect except the very slow load time. Anyway to speed it up?

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 7:19 am
In cfg, general tab, what does your max load and reactivity say? Is this 3.2 ver? Also did you reboot to see if there was a change?

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 8:06 am
djtybPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What SHOULD those be set to ???

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 11:03 am
hey Blaide,

Are you sure you bought VDJ?
If you bought VDJ, register your copy here. or else.. the others might think you are using an pirated version of virtualdj.

p.s: pirated software = trouble (all kinds of trouble) legal versions of VDJ work best ;)

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 12:33 pm
You can speed up with a registry change (info only available for full users)

the slow load for video is by default intentional, to make sure video will not skip

But for better PC's, this "protection feature" can be turned off...

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 2:46 pm
Mine are set to "Always" & "Fast". How do I get the "registry change info"? I don't know if I need it, because my videos seem to load at a good speed.

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 8:21 pm

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 8:28 pm
Hi guys. I am a legal purchaser of the software and I have the credit card statement and serial # to prove it. After I initially got my serial # and downloaded the program, I registered and everything seemed fine. Now I see on the forum that it says I'm not registered. I went to my account to modify it by entering my serial # again, but I keep getting a message saying that it is invalid and I need to use the original email I purchased it with. I have two email addresses that I use. I bought the program with my business email and tried that but got the same message. I then tried my personal email and still got the same message. I've emailed the help tab explaining the situation and hopefully they will get back to me soon and straighten the matter out. My profile shows my persoanl email;, so maybe when I was first registering I used that one instead of my business email. Maybe that's what screwed everything up? Has anyone else had this problem when first joining?

Posté Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 7:48 am
Correct, use http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/ to solve the issue. Sounds strange, but in principal, the email used for purchase is the one that your license is registered to.

Posté Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 8:26 am
I used that link and got an email saying that someone would respond soon. They did about 20minutes later. The email was an automated reply that said my question had been answered and it said to click on this link (http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/display.html?Folder=1134196616) to get the answer. When I clicked on that link it took me back to the blank Help page that asks you what your problem is. There was no amswer to my question as was stated in the email. What's up with that?

Posté Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 8:57 am
disregard my last message. I clicked the link they sent again and this time I got it. They asked me for my serial # which I gave and then clicked send. The page refreshed and showed my reply and the same window for me to write text in with the send button below it. I typed it again with my two email addresses and hit send and the same window came up again, this time showing both messages I sent. Shouldn't I be getting a message saying that m,y responce has been recived and then be re-directed to the forum or something, instead of returning to the same exact page?

Posté Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 9:06 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Blaide,

You have to contact e-service as you have done now. Just wait and you will get an answer soon.

Posté Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 4:41 pm
Hi this is Blaide. Found out what's wrong. I registered under my first name and later created my firum name using my handle.

Posté Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 5:06 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Blaide,

Welcome as a FULL user!

Enjoy!

Posté Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 8:46 pm
So maybe it woud be a little nicer to ask about their status, instead of assuming that they are crackheads. I am sure he is not the first to make a mistake registering.

Posté Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 6:42 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)